Wonderwall94
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So then I sent my UCAS off last friday for law and have recieved 3 offers so far including my intended firm and insurance.

Birmingham - Offer (AAA or AAB + A in EPQ)
Liverpool - Offer (ABB)
Keele - Offer (ABB or BBC + C in EPQ)
Lancaster - Awaiting Response (Entry Req :AAB)
Cardiff - Awaiting Response (Entry Req: AAB-ABB)

My predicted grades are ABB in history,sociology and politics and an A in legal themed EPQ

I am questioning whether or not to change Cardiff to Leeds as a challenger for Birmingham as really i dont have anything to lose really as they ask the same as birmingham and now i have an offer for birmingham and liverpool - my firm and insurance first choices i feel as if the cardiff choice is just a waste that i might as well risk to gain a better place as i really liked leeds and binned the idea as i thought couldnt get in but i may have an bettrr chance now and even if i do get rejected i still have birmingham which is neck and neck with leeds for where i really want to go. PLz message soon as i think it is only avaialble for a limited time. ps sorry about spelling.
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Wonderwall94)
So then I sent my UCAS off last friday for law and have recieved 3 offers so far including my intended firm and insurance.

Birmingham - Offer (AAA or AAB + A in EPQ)
Liverpool - Offer (ABB)
Keele - Offer (ABB or BBC + C in EPQ)
Lancaster - Awaiting Response (Entry Req :AAB)
Cardiff - Awaiting Response (Entry Req: AAB-ABB)

My predicted grades are ABB in history,sociology and politics and an A in legal themed EPQ

I am questioning whether or not to change Cardiff to Leeds as a challenger for Birmingham as really i dont have anything to lose really as they ask the same as birmingham and now i have an offer for birmingham and liverpool - my firm and insurance first choices i feel as if the cardiff choice is just a waste that i might as well risk to gain a better place as i really liked leeds and binned the idea as i thought couldnt get in but i may have an bettrr chance now and even if i do get rejected i still have birmingham which is neck and neck with leeds for where i really want to go. PLz message soon as i think it is only avaialble for a limited time. ps sorry about spelling.
Apply where you want to go.
If you know you'd accept leeds over your current firm/insurance then swap it out. There is no point in waiting to hear back from uni's you will straight up reject when you could change and apply elsewhere to somewhere you want to go
Wonderwall94
Rep:
?
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
Apply where you want to go.
If you know you'd accept leeds over your current firm/insurance then swap it out. There is no point in waiting to hear back from uni's you will straight up reject when you could change and apply elsewhere to somewhere you want to go
do you think it is worth a shot, also would i have to contact universities or does it go through ucas. also do school find out doubt they do
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Wonderwall94)
do you think it is worth a shot, also would i have to contact universities or does it go through ucas. also do school find out doubt they do
no. should be able to do it all through ucas track as far as im aware
yes its worth a shot, you have a chance if you change your application, but not chance at all if you dont apply. you dont want to go to cardiff so why waste an application there (considering you have offers from two youd prefer to go to)
Wonderwall94
Rep:
?
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
no. should be able to do it all through ucas track as far as im aware
yes its worth a shot, you have a chance if you change your application, but not chance at all if you dont apply. you dont want to go to cardiff so why waste an application there (considering you have offers from two youd prefer to go to)
thanks i might speak to my parents and see what they think and then probs go for it. thanks for your help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (55)
22.73%
Excited but a bit nervous (110)
45.45%
Not bothered either way (32)
13.22%
I'm really nervous (45)
18.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed