Painful flared up Helix piercing. HELP!

Watch
rabbitcat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
About two weeks ago I pierced my ears seven piercings at the same time, I pierced with a piercing gun at home (everything was sterilized).
I had some painful flare ups for the first week, then changed the studs to a higher quality earrings and with the cleaning routine and time, all the piercings are fine now but one.

One of my two Helix piercings has been swollen and very painful for a week now, i went to my doctor and took an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory course, and clean my ears everyday with sea salt solution but nothing seems to help

I don't know if its only a really bad flare up that needs time to heal or should i take the earring off?

I really want to keep the piercing and can bear with the pain but I don't know what's best to do..

Heres a picture of the flare up>https://imgur.com/a/f5qgsv0

Did anyone experinced this before? or have experience in piercings? please tell me what to do..
Parker Tracy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rabbitcat)
About two weeks ago I pierced my ears seven piercings at the same time, I pierced with a piercing gun at home (everything was sterilized).
I had some painful flare ups for the first week, then changed the studs to a higher quality earrings and with the cleaning routine and time, all the piercings are fine now but one.

One of my two Helix piercings has been swollen and very painful for a week now, i went to my doctor and took an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory course, and clean my ears everyday with sea salt solution but nothing seems to help

I don't know if its only a really bad flare up that needs time to heal or should i take the earring off?

I really want to keep the piercing and can bear with the pain but I don't know what's best to do..

Heres a picture of the flare up>https://imgur.com/a/f5qgsv0

Did anyone experinced this before? or have experience in piercings? please tell me what to do..
If you have completed the course of antibiotics, then you need to go back to your doctor. Sometimes it takes more antibiotics to clear something like this. Doctors tend to under-prescribe antibiotics.

There is a reason that most piercing places only allow you to have so many piercings in one sitting, and it's because the body can only fight on so many fronts. Seven piercings in one go, amounts to seven wounds your immune system is trying to fight all at the same time.

In addition to going to your doctor, do as much as you can to help your body fight this. Eat well. Sleep well. Be forensic in your cleanliness before your bathe your ear.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (401)
56.32%
I don't have everything I need (311)
43.68%

Watched Threads