The Student Room Group

liverpool vs keele for law

I'm aiming for York or UEA but unsure of whether to apply to Liverpool or Keele, predominantly because Liverpool is a RG however, Keele is significantly higher on the rankings for law courses on the league table than Liverpool. Which would be the wiser option to go for?
Reply 1
Original post by vantaek
I'm aiming for York or UEA but unsure of whether to apply to Liverpool or Keele, predominantly because Liverpool is a RG however, Keele is significantly higher on the rankings for law courses on the league table than Liverpool. Which would be the wiser option to go for?

Liverpooooooool!

You prefer Liverpool to Keele don't you @04MR17? :wink:
Original post by vantaek

Original post by Breeee
Liverpooooooool!

You prefer Liverpool to Keele don't you @04MR17? :wink:
I prefer Liverpool as a place to live to Keele. That's also because I have a personal preference of Urban over rural. :smile:

@vantaek, if you're applying to these universities through UCAS undergraduate application system then I don't see why you can't apply to all 4 institutions mentioned since you'll have 5 choices available.

Thread moved to Law
Ignore the rankings. They contradict each other and the subject-specific ones are garbage.

I would base the decision on location mainly.

Also what are your predicted grades? Please don't say AAB+.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Notoriety
Ignore the rankings. They contradict each other and the subject-specific ones are garbage.

I would base the decision on location mainly.

Also what are your predicted grades? Please don't say AAB+.

A*AC actually bc my biology teacher refused to bump my C up to a B 😔 but i still wanna be a little ambitious with some of my choices just in case my strong PS makes up for it
Reply 5
Original post by 04MR17
I prefer Liverpool as a place to live to Keele. That's also because I have a personal preference of Urban over rural. :smile:

@vantaek, if you're applying to these universities through UCAS undergraduate application system then I don't see why you can't apply to all 4 institutions mentioned since you'll have 5 choices available.

Thread moved to Law

my predicted grades don’t *exactly* match entry requirements bc they’re A*AC so i’m aiming a little higher with three choices and then having a safety net of two choices within reach, otherwise i’d apply to both and not stress over it 😔
Original post by vantaek
my predicted grades don’t *exactly* match entry requirements bc they’re A*AC so i’m aiming a little higher with three choices and then having a safety net of two choices within reach, otherwise i’d apply to both and not stress over it 😔
Ah okay:smile:

What are your other options?
Reply 7
Original post by 04MR17
Ah okay:smile:

What are your other options?

besides York (which i doubt ill get into but i still wanna have hope bc they give offers of AAA/A*AB/A*A*C for Law :frown:) and UEA, Nottingham Trent and i was thinking Portsmouth but idk if i’m limiting myself with Portsmouth? And that maybe i should just apply to both Liverpool and Keele since they have high offer rates and have the safe choice of NT but idk if that’s too risky... what would you say? i mean, im still going to try for adjustment if possible bc really, i’m aiming for A*A*A or A*A*B by the end considering i have english coursework to complete that could bump the A up to an A* and work hard in bio
Original post by vantaek
besides York (which i doubt ill get into but i still wanna have hope bc they give offers of AAA/A*AB/A*A*C for Law :frown:) and UEA, Nottingham Trent and i was thinking Portsmouth but idk if i’m limiting myself with Portsmouth? And that maybe i should just apply to both Liverpool and Keele since they have high offer rates and have the safe choice of NT but idk if that’s too risky... what would you say? i mean, im still going to try for adjustment if possible bc really, i’m aiming for A*A*A or A*A*B by the end considering i have english coursework to complete that could bump the A up to an A* and work hard in bio

So you have basically AAB. Recommend you bump those predictions up best you can, i.e. AAA.

I wouldn't waste my time with NTU, Keele or Portsmouth. I would stick to the solid AAB unis, e.g. Cardiff + Newcastle + Leeds + Exeter + Southampton + Warwick + QMUL. And others. NTU etc are going to be in clearing and extra anyway.
Reply 9
So you have basically AAB. Recommend you bump those predictions up best you can, i.e. AAA.

I wouldn't waste my time with NTU, Keele or Portsmouth. I would stick to the solid AAB unis, e.g. Cardiff + Newcastle + Leeds + Exeter + Southampton + Warwick + QMUL. And others. NTU etc are going to be in clearing and extra anyway.

pretty much! the deadline for sending off UCAS at my school is next week and i have no idea if my biology teacher will finally crack and push up my grade on the on last few days but i’ll take the advice and switch keele, etc out for better unis! i’m thinking sussex (which according to the UCAS rate calculator i have a 90%> chance of getting but idk how reliable it is) and manchester (also 90%>) where i think i’m eligible for a contextual offer?? my school/location flag my application and it says if your predicted grades are within two grades of the minimum requirement then you’re eligible?? so does that’s mean having an A*AC prediction would pass for an AAA minimum requirement??

sorry to bombard you with questions the whole thing just confuses me!
Original post by vantaek
pretty much! the deadline for sending off UCAS at my school is next week and i have no idea if my biology teacher will finally crack and push up my grade on the on last few days but i’ll take the advice and switch keele, etc out for better unis! i’m thinking sussex (which according to the UCAS rate calculator i have a 90%> chance of getting but idk how reliable it is) and manchester (also 90%>) where i think i’m eligible for a contextual offer?? my school/location flag my application and it says if your predicted grades are within two grades of the minimum requirement then you’re eligible?? so does that’s mean having an A*AC prediction would pass for an AAA minimum requirement??

sorry to bombard you with questions the whole thing just confuses me!

It could pass for AAB, and I suggest many places would treat it as AAB.

Sussex isn't a better uni? It's like UAE, lying about its entry standards to make it seem more respectable.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
It could pass for AAB, and I suggest many places would treat it as AAB.

Sussex isn't a better uni? It's like UAE, lying about its entry standards to make it seem more respectable.

sussex isn’t? granted, you shouldn’t take league tables too seriously but i thought it wasn’t too bad a uni when it comes to law?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending