The Student Room Group

Plagiarism second time offence

Please can anyone give me advice. I have an issue of plagiarism for the second time. I might be suspended or kicked out. Please can anyone help me.

Scroll to see replies

its out of your hands now theres nothing we can do
just what is the matter with you, Lizzy?
Reply 3
Original post by Elizabeth Dixon
Please can anyone give me advice. I have an issue of plagiarism for the second time. I might be suspended or kicked out. Please can anyone help me.

Can you explain exactly what happened? Did you plagiarise? If so, how?
Original post by Bang Outta Order
just what is the matter with you, Lizzy?

I used an online source for an introductory paragraph and it was not cited
I used a work online for my into paragraph in my essay and now I have an interview with the dean and I might be expelled or suspened. I hope I do not face an academic panel.
Reply 6
I used a work online for my into paragraph in my essay and now I have an interview with the dean and I might be expelled or suspened. I hope I do not face an academic panel.

Oh dear. To be honest, that's almost as blatant and deliberate as it gets. The best thing you can do is to apologise profusely, and pray. There really isn't any other advice to give unfortunately.

Why are you using what appears to be your real name?
is the first paragraph blatant copy paste, or is it paraphrased and you forgot to cite. If its the first its really not looking good.
You can use spinbot.com and change your content then check plagarism.

Stop plagiarising
Reply 11
Original post by ageshallnot
Why are you using what appears to be your real name?

At least she didn't copy it... :beard:
Original post by Doonesbury
At least she didn't copy it... :beard:

Or did she copy it from someone she doesn't like and is trying to get in trouble??? 😲
Reply 13
Original post by ageshallnot
Or did she copy it from someone she doesn't like and is trying to get in trouble??? 😲

Or trolling.

(What a wicked web we weave...)
Reply 14

What was the first instance?
Original post by Doonesbury
Or trolling.

(What a wicked web we weave...)

I think I've heard that saying quite recently...
Thou shalt not copyeth the internets.
Stop damn' well plagiarizing, then. You deserve whatever the hell you get if you do it, get caught, and then get caught doing it again.
Reply 18
Original post by Rachel_Ross
You can use spinbot.com and change your content then check plagarism.

Original post by RV3112
Oh dear. To be honest, that's almost as blatant and deliberate as it gets. The best thing you can do is to apologise profusely, and pray. There really isn't any other advice to give unfortunately.

I used spinbot on the above reply, here's what it spat out:

Goodness dear. To be completely forthright, that is nearly as barefaced and purposeful as it gets. The best thing you can do is to apologize plentifully, and supplicate. There truly isn't some other guidance to give lamentably.

not bad lol. :laugh:
Original post by ANM775
I used spinbot on the above reply, here's what it spat out:

Goodness dear. To be completely forthright, that is nearly as barefaced and purposeful as it gets. The best thing you can do is to apologize plentifully, and supplicate. There truly isn't some other guidance to give lamentably.

not bad lol. :laugh:

I mean it makes sense but we aren't in 19th Century upperclass England.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending