EvaSmith125
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I need help on analysing macbeth characters and the themes.
awanderingpixel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I won't be able to give you a satisfactory answer here (there's just so much to say and we've only finished Act 1 in class), but there are loads of places where people better than me have made notes just to help people with those exact things:

- Most student copies of Macbeth will have character and theme analysis as well as a synopsis and context at the front/back
- Websites such as shmoop, spark notes, york notes and BBC Bitesize will have good analysis on the key points as well
- Youtube channels such as Mr Bruff have good English study videos about Macbeth

Shakespeare is so heavily studied that you'll be able to find lots of higher-level analysis online as well, if you want a bit more depth than the sites above.

Good luck
jorja2304
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There are also great ideas on Pinterest if you type in 'Macbeth character analysis' or 'Macbeth theme analysis'.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
any characters in particular? plenty of good resources online- sparknotes, mrbruff, mr salles, genius, cliffnotes, shmoop, litcharts etc..
and there's a fair amount of themes so you're going to want to be more specific than that :lol:
Aqa:43333
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am doing that for GCSE English now.
EvaSmith125
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
any characters in particular? plenty of good resources online- sparknotes, mrbruff, mr salles, genius, cliffnotes, shmoop, litcharts etc..
and there's a fair amount of themes so you're going to want to be more specific than that :lol:
i mainly need macbeth (obvs lol), lady macbeth, banquo and the witches
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by EvaSmith125)
i mainly need macbeth (obvs lol), lady macbeth, banquo and the witches
remind me to post in this thread later on!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (8)
9.3%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (56)
65.12%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (12)
13.95%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (9)
10.47%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
1.16%

Watched Threads