Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi! Sorry to hear about this. It is very, very sad. Maybe you can talk to your parents or someone else you trust about how you feel? I suggest maybe you could try out local clubs/ sports teams/ choirs etc. Also, you could try to just step up to people you meet and get acquainted with them. I sincerely hope it will work out.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Queen378)
    Long story short I've basically lost all my friends. I had an incidence with someone and for some unknown reason my best friends decided to side with them even though they have no relationship with this person what so ever. The funny thing is that my so called ' friends ' never want to get involved when I have problems with other people as they say they would rather stay neutral ( which I respect) , but now they suddenly do want to get involved but take the opposite side. Even people that aren't my friends acknowledged the fact that I wasn't in the wrong after hearing about the situation. This group were literally my best friends and when I really needed them, they took the side of someone which they have no relationship with . This isn't the only thing I was upset about. My 'friends' showed no interest in my feelings as I was crying after everything had happened; they just ignored me. They also decided to ignore me completely after talking to the other person , and when I asked them if they had said anything bad about me they denied it even after I said that I had heard different from other people . Oh and I also forget to mention they always expect me to chase after them. I understand that I can't make them change their opinion about the situation, however they should know me long enough to know I wouldn't do something I was accused of in this situation ( I don't really want to get into the details of what happened but I'll summarise it and say I was accused of something I didn't do and my best friends didn't want to believe me and said I was immature for not admitting my 'mistake') . They turned against me when I needed them the most and I can assure you I've always been there for them . The person involved in the incidence is notorious for cheating and lying and even they have admitted that before. They made me feel worse about the situation as they were accusing me of stuff I didn't do , which was rather shocking . As a good friend I would expect them to believe me. We had a talk about it but I can say that our friendship won't ever be the same due to what has happened. I'm fine with everyone else in my environment , but they just aren't my type of people. This explains why I only hung out with them most of the time. I don't regret our friendship ending since this was a good lesson for me , but can you please give me any advice on making new friends? Thank you .
    HI Queen378, I'm so sorry to hear this has happened! I would suggest talking to someone you trust as it's always so theraputic to vent your feelings!

When making new friends I would think about what sports or activities you love doing and base it off that. For example you could join a sports club or volunteer somewhere- this way you'll be working in a team with lots of new people so it's easier to get to know people quickly. It's also important to be your authentic self and not hold yourself back when meeting new people, make sure you have fun!

Are you in secondary school or university?

Lucy

ReputationRep:
    *Thank you for your advice @hallamstudents . I don't mind making new friends at sports clubs , but unfortunately my school doesn't offer many. Joining clubs outside of school could also be an option, but then again those friends aren't with me at school. As for your question , I am in secondary school. Thanks again*
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your advice @Game.player.6

ReputationRep:
    Anytime:hat2:
    BTW, about you saying friends outside of school wouldn't be in school with you: yes it is true. But I am homeschooled so I see no friends during school and I'm still great friends! It just requires a bit more work.
    And just know- I'd always like to be friends with you! :shakehand:
    PS. How old are you? You don't have to say, but it would just help me relate better :hi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Game.player.6)
    Anytime:hat2:
    BTW, about you saying friends outside of school wouldn't be in school with you: yes it is true. But I am homeschooled so I see no friends during school and I'm still great friends! It just requires a bit more work.
    And just know- I'd always like to be friends with you! :shakehand:
    PS. How old are you? You don't have to say, but it would just help me relate better :hi:
    I am in year 9 @Game.player.6 and again thanks for the help

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.