Aleks<3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I found out that I have to edit my coursework today, which will probably take me more than 7 hours, meaning I'll have to take a all nighter. For the past week, I've been sleeping for 5 hours on average, I'm just so tired and want to sleep. I have no energy to do more work.

Any advice on how I had be motivated to do work while being sleep deprived? Thanks (:
ambiplasma
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Train yourself with alarms to power nap for the length of a sleep cycle or two, also if you're really tired but can't do this, just lie down for a bit, studies have shown that even just resting like this can have quite a few of the benefits sleep provides
Also, reward yourself with something every so often, especially if those things have sugar or caffeine in (although you'll feel like crap in the morning, so I don't recommend too much of this)
Aleks<3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by ambiplasma)
Train yourself with alarms to power nap for the length of a sleep cycle or two, also if you're really tired but can't do this, just lie down for a bit, studies have shown that even just resting like this can have quite a few of the benefits sleep provides
Also, reward yourself with something every so often, especially if those things have sugar or caffeine in (although you'll feel like crap in the morning, so I don't recommend too much of this)
I feel like If I lie down for a bit I'll end up falling asleep, but I'll try that out! And thanks for your advice (:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (154)
51.85%
No (143)
48.15%

Watched Threads