Turn on thread page Beta

Thoughts on my sketch? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This is about 2 - 3 years old.. it was 2 or 3 in the morning around the time of my exams and I was procrastinating..
    I had art in younger years but I didn't keep it as an exam subject and I don't really draw much..

This is a charcoal sketch, my mother thought it was nice enough to be framed..
    I know the hands and feet are crap, I was using a chunk of charcoal so I think that somewhat justifies it..

I'm taking a year out from college and I want to start doodling again.. just something to work on during the year.
    I've had the notion of looking for a tattoo apprenticeship as an alternative to college (which I don't enjoy).. so I guess I'll be putting together a portfolio.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Yqc1Rtd - Here it is.

Any criticism/feedback/advice would be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    It is BEAUTIFUL❤️

ReputationRep:
    Is that a ballet dancer dabbing?

Its pretty good though ngl, better than what I can do. I can only draw stick people

ReputationRep:
    That looks great! You seem like you have great potential! Is there any way to take a short art course on the side? You might even end up pursuing it as a career. You never know 🤷🏽*♀️ Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    :heart::heart::heart:
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Its good but do some close up studies of hands and feet (know she's in ballet shoes but the crisp outline and lack of detail/shadow jars with the rest of it) to improve

ReputationRep:
    You should take part in an art course.. That's simply beautiful!!

ReputationRep:
    it's really good! (:

ReputationRep:
    why is she surrounded by black smoke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshDarnIt)
    Is that a ballet dancer dabbing?

Its pretty good though ngl, better than what I can do. I can only draw stick people
    JoshDarnIt! Those Imgur comments.. In my defence this was done before dabbing was a thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustonBibero)
    why is she surrounded by black smoke
    She vapes

ReputationRep:
    It is good but I think you should focus a bit more on the detail of the ballet dancer. She only stands out because of the black shadow around her. I still think it is a lovely picture
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy)
    You should take part in an art course.. That's simply beautiful!!
    It's the perfect time to.
    I was worried by taking the year out I would be wasting the year.. I'm hopefully going to get some work but as of now I'm getting job seekers (which feels really crap) but I could actually take up an arts course, there's one that runs for 8 weeks in January actually.. I'd rather wait till than just to ensure I'm not jumping in blindly..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rasputshealthbar)
    That looks great! You seem like you have great potential! Is there any way to take a short art course on the side? You might even end up pursuing it as a career. You never know 🤷🏽*♀️ Good luck x
    Thank you, my aunt always joked how me and my cousin were very alike - she went on to become an art teacher and I was stupid enough to attempt a business degree..

I don't think I'd like teaching but I might really consider becoming a tattoo artist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    Its good but do some close up studies of hands and feet (know she's in ballet shoes but the crisp outline and lack of detail/shadow jars with the rest of it) to improve
    100% agreed.

If I remember correctly I couldn't sharpen the charcoal because it was cheap **** that crumbled..
    I'm happy with it and I'm glad my mother was so eager to frame it because I would have just left it somewhere in my room.
    But yeah I definitely need to work on the finer details.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanLaurentParis)
    JoshDarnIt! Those Imgur comments.. In my defence this was done before dabbing was a thing.
    I didn't notice the comments lol

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.