Predicted grades are lower than the entry requirement, should i still apply?

Watch
thor321
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to apply for Economics and finance at the university of Bristol and their entry requirements are ABB. My predicted is BCC and i've already achieved a B grade in EPQ. In all fairness, i didn't get predicted a grade higher for one of my subjects (the one i got a C in) because the teacher is somewhat very strict and always in a mood. Do i still stand a chance and should i apply.

In addition, is there a way to let the universities known that my teacher is not giving me a predicted grade.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by thor321)
I want to apply for Economics and finance at the university of Bristol and their entry requirements are ABB. My predicted is BCC and i've already achieved a B grade in EPQ. In all fairness, i didn't get predicted a grade higher for one of my subjects (the one i got a C in) because the teacher is somewhat very strict and always in a mood. Do i still stand a chance and should i apply.

In addition, is there a way to let the universities known that my teacher is not giving me a predicted grade.
normally abb for bristol is the contextual offer. if that is the case and you are still 3 grades lower i cannot see you getting an offer
thor321
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
normally abb for bristol is the contextual offer. if that is the case and you are still 3 grades lower i cannot see you getting an offer
What if it was 2 grades lower?
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
usually contextual offers are 2 grades below the normal offer so i would think they are not likely to go much lower
thor321
Rep:
?
usually contextual offers are 2 grades below the normal offer so i would think they are not likely to go much lower
So that’s a yes if my predictions were BBC
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So that’s a yes if my predictions were BBC
I cannot see you on your grades getting an offer for Bristol. What course is it
thor321
Rep:
?
Economics and finance - my college is bad and it’s on the list of colleges they grant a contextual offer, “ABB including A in Mathematics”
thor321
Rep:
?
In addition, For university of Kent their entry requirements are BBB - would I have a better chance with them with these predictions BBC. Thanks for the help by the way, I’m inexperienced and new to all this.
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In addition, For university of Kent their entry requirements are BBB - would I have a better chance with them with these predictions BBC. Thanks for the help by the way, I’m inexperienced and new to all this.
Bristol's normal offer is AAA so they have already dropped 2 grades for you as a contextual offer. To drop to BBC would be a 4 grade drop from their usual offer. Given that Economics is a very popular subject and Bristol a popular university it isnt likely they will make an offer to someone with those grades. Even if they didit is unlikely they will accept lower than AAB in the actual exam. If BBB is Kent's usual offer there is a possibilty they will make an offer to someone with BBC as it is possible that person could actually achieve BBB
thor321
Rep:
?
Bristol's normal offer is AAA so they have already dropped 2 grades for you as a contextual offer. To drop to BBC would be a 4 grade drop from their usual offer. Given that Economics is a very popular subject and Bristol a popular university it isnt likely they will make an offer to someone with those grades. Even if they didit is unlikely they will accept lower than AAB in the actual exam. If BBB is Kent's usual offer there is a possibilty they will make an offer to someone with BBC as it is possible that person could actually achieve BBB
University of Sheffield entry requirements are ABB + B in EPQ - I got a B in epq and predictions are BBC, would that be fine?
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
University of Sheffield entry requirements are ABB + B in EPQ - I got a B in epq and predictions are BBC, would that be fine?
it would be a gamble but if you use at as your inspirational offer might be worth a risk. If you do apply make sure you have a couple of safe offers of BBC
thor321
Rep:
?
it would be a gamble but if you use at as your inspirational offer might be worth a risk. If you do apply make sure you have a couple of safe offers of BBC
Okay pappi thanks for the help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (15)
8.88%
Confident (23)
13.61%
Indifferent (28)
16.57%
Unsure (46)
27.22%
Worried (57)
33.73%

Watched Threads