Attenborough lends voice to Netflix's Our Planet series

Watch
Spirithorse
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Sir David Attenborough is to narrate a documentary series for streaming service Netflix about "the beauty and fragility of our natural world".

It has been produced in collaboration with Silverback Films, whose director Alastair Fothergill made Planet Earth and The Blue Planet for the BBC.

Speaking at a World Wildlife Fund (WWF) event on Thursday, Sir David said the eight-part series would "take viewers on a spectacular journey of discovery".

The series took four years to film.

Fothergill said he hoped the show, which will premiere on 5 April 2019, would "inspire and delight hundreds of millions of people across the world."

According to Netflix, the series will "showcase the planet's most precious species and fragile habitats, revealing amazing sights on Earth in ways they've never been seen."

I'm so excited!! Are you? Before that I fully plan to get on watching Dynasties which begins this Sunday (I think?)
Fullofsurprises
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I love David Attenborough, but I wish he would not have said that he wants to go gentle on loss of diversity, species extinction and climate change. If anything, his lavish productions tend to lull people into a false sense of security now about the state of the planet. They don't always say that the wildlife places where they film are getting smaller and smaller and the species they film more and more threatened.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.25%
England (108)
33.75%
Belgium (27)
8.44%
Germany (38)
11.88%
Spain (6)
1.88%