The Student Room Group

Personal Statement Help.

Hi I’m just looking for some advice for a friend.
She is planning on studying Biology at uni but then wants to go on to do a post-grad in teaching. She is unsure if she should mention the teaching in her personal statement as the undergrad degree will be biology.
Original post by SSStudent55
Hi I’m just looking for some advice for a friend.
She is planning on studying Biology at uni but then wants to go on to do a post-grad in teaching. She is unsure if she should mention the teaching in her personal statement as the undergrad degree will be biology.

Maybe your friend should find things out for herself? No you don't need to mention any careers related stuff in a biology PS as the degree doesn't lead to specific careers.
Reply 2
Ok she already tried but couldn’t get a straight answer.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by SSStudent55
Ok she already tried but couldn’t get a straight answer.

You can't do all her work for her unfortunately. Perseverence and being able to do your own research are key for success at uni so she will have to learn. Good luck!
Reply 4
Thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by alleycat393
You can't do all her work for her unfortunately. Perseverence and being able to do your own research are key for success at uni so she will have to learn. Good luck!

Thank you :smile:

She was just asking a question for a friend on an online forum, it’s not a massive chore - people do nice things for their friends.

But I agree, it doesn’t need mentioning
Original post by saffarinda
She was just asking a question for a friend on an online forum, it’s not a massive chore - people do nice things for their friends.

But I agree, it doesn’t need mentioning

And I'm being nice and explaining that this sort of thing doesn't help the friend who has to learn to do stuff for themselves :smile: We don't want this poor friend becoming dependent now do we?
And I'm being nice and explaining that this sort of thing doesn't help the friend who has to learn to do stuff for themselves :smile: We don't want this poor friend becoming dependent now do we?

it really isn't a big deal:smile:

“Dependent” omg their friend was literally just doing something nice for them, it doesn’t mean they’re depending on them for answers. Their friend probably just doesn’t have TSR and was thinking of asking a teacher instead so OP asked us
Original post by saffarinda
“Dependent” omg their friend was literally just doing something nice for them, it doesn’t mean they’re depending on them for answers. Their friend probably just doesn’t have TSR and was thinking of asking a teacher instead so OP asked us

Look this isn’t even worth discussing to be honest. The OP hasn’t made a deal out of this so I don’t see why you or the above poster, who haven’t actually contributed much to the actual thread apart from an argument that literally has nothing to do with you, have jumped in. I always find it funny when students ask for ‘a friend’ which either suggests that they are too shy to say its for them or that they have a lazy friend. As someone who teaches and reviews PSs I will always call it out as it’s not helpful. But nice to see your ‘concern’ hun but it’s time to move on now ok?
(edited 5 years ago)
She just didn’t have an account and I did so thought I’d ask for her during school. Just looking for advice and got some- not worth arguing about. 😁😁

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending