The Student Room Group

A level choices?

Hiya, I'm a bit stuck on my A-level choices (which are coming up soon!) and I need to narrow down the following subjects:
English, History, Government and Politics, Classical Civilisations and Religion, Philosophy and Ethics.

I know that English, History and Politics are the typical, useful combination, however, I love Classics and find it really interesting, alongside RPE because the philosophy and ethics aspect of it is also fascinating to me.
English would be the subject I'm slightly less interested in, but it is a facilitating subject for Uni and highly respected. My favourite three from this list would probably be history, RPE and classics, but they make up a very strange combo!
I have a friend who wants to do history, politics, RPE and classics but would they be respected at Uni because they are a bit of a mixed bag? I feel like I would definitely need English in there somewhere.

Anyway, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. How respected are classics and politics and RPE at uni as well? What do you think?
Reply 1
Original post by liliflower12345
Hiya, I'm a bit stuck on my A-level choices (which are coming up soon!) and I need to narrow down the following subjects:
English, History, Government and Politics, Classical Civilisations and Religion, Philosophy and Ethics.

I know that English, History and Politics are the typical, useful combination, however, I love Classics and find it really interesting, alongside RPE because the philosophy and ethics aspect of it is also fascinating to me.
English would be the subject I'm slightly less interested in, but it is a facilitating subject for Uni and highly respected. My favourite three from this list would probably be history, RPE and classics, but they make up a very strange combo!
I have a friend who wants to do history, politics, RPE and classics but would they be respected at Uni because they are a bit of a mixed bag? I feel like I would definitely need English in there somewhere.

Anyway, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. How respected are classics and politics and RPE at uni as well? What do you think?

It comes down to what you're looking to do at university as well. You could take 4 Levels as well mind.

Quick Reply