Got my offer
Piecci
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
On email! Wrote again an email yesterday and today got the offer
(Original post by hhh97)
well done!!!!! congratulationssssss! did they reply on email or updated on the portal?
Junobs369
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi guys, huge congrats to everyone that got in! Really gutted but found out today that I was unsuccessful . I'm really not sure why, I went to a decent uni in America and got a 3.52 GPA which UCL counts as a high 2:1. I did major in International Relations but I had 1 years experience volunteering at a suicide prevention line and got a strong reference from them and a professor. Just really upset as I've wanted to do psychology for a while and UCL was the only top-tier uni I applied to. The rest were University of Westminster, University of West London and University of East London which I all got onto... Not sure what to do now as I know the others are former polys and idk if it's worth as much going to them as it's already highly competitive. Not sure if I should wait another year age try again next year with better unis outside London or just plough on and hope it doesn't effect my future chances. Sorry this is so long!
ilovetea100
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Just got the offer through on portico after receiving the email!
ilovetea100
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
That must be really frustrating as it sounds like you had a competitive application and got into all the others. I majored in politics, similar to you, so I have a not-exactly-relevant background too! I think if you have the option to get a BPS accredited masters, regardless if it's Westminster etc. it's still worth it, but I guess it depends on what your end goal is. Are you British or American? Wish you the best with whatever you choose, it's a shame they don't provide feedback.
(Original post by Junobs369)
Hi guys, huge congrats to everyone that got in! Really gutted but found out today that I was unsuccessful . I'm really not sure why, I went to a decent uni in America and got a 3.52 GPA which UCL counts as a high 2:1. I did major in International Relations but I had 1 years experience volunteering at a suicide prevention line and got a strong reference from them and a professor. Just really upset as I've wanted to do psychology for a while and UCL was the only top-tier uni I applied to. The rest were University of Westminster, University of West London and University of East London which I all got onto... Not sure what to do now as I know the others are former polys and idk if it's worth as much going to them as it's already highly competitive. Not sure if I should wait another year age try again next year with better unis outside London or just plough on and hope it doesn't effect my future chances. Sorry this is so long!
isabella8jian
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I'm sorry to hear this...But if the offers from other universities are good, then I guess it would be good to take it.

I've applied for LSE two years in a row (3 different programs, with work experience), still was rejected.
hhh97
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Really sorry to hear this. You can also consider looking for courses in other universities (applications are still open). I have heard the Psychology conversion course at the University of Nottingham is really good. Also, Glasgow is a great university too.
I would suggest have look at the conversion courses offered by other unis and see if any fits your interests.
Good luck!
Piecci
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi guys.

I have a conditional offer and I just have to upload the results of the IELTS test I did. So I have all the requirements they asked for. However, I'm still waiting for a scholarship. If I accept the conditional offer on Portico, do I have to pay a deposit or am I bound to pay some fees?
Piecci
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I understand your situation so much so that I decided to apply only to UCL. Personally, it was a great investment (also economic) and I wanted it to make sense. You have an interesting background, why don't you try asking for feedback from the UCL? So that if you try again next year, you know what you need to improve on. I wish you all the best.
Lilyzheng
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hihi could I know your bachelor’s backgroud?? I really want to apply for this major,but I donnot know if my score and school can make it.
Lilyzheng
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hihi could I know your bachelor’s backgroud?? I really want to apply for this major,but I donnot know if my score and school can make it.
(Original post by ilovetea100)
Just got the offer through on portico after receiving the email!
Lilyzheng
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
hihi,could I know your bachelor background?I really want to know if it is the worthwhile for me to apply that major now,coz it is a little late!!
Lilyzheng
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Piecci)
Got my offer
hihi Are u a international
hihi could I know about your undergradute background??I really want to apply for this major,but I do not know if my gpa and experience can make it……
ogie95
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Can I ask what you emailed them and how long after submitting you sent it? Thanks 😊
Hartvig
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Are you also still waiting? Good to hear I'm not the only one!
(Original post by ogie95)
Can I ask what you emailed them and how long after submitting you sent it? Thanks 😊
ogie95
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Yeah I applied about a month ago and I'm getting impatient, not sure whether to send a follow up email or not!
Hartvig
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Until this year they have had the system of replying within 6-8 weeks, which is why I applied in October when they opened for applications. However, they changed around November I think, to say that they only assess applications after the deadline (31st of March). I applied ages and ages ago but I don't think that really matters after they changed the system. I emailed Hannah around Easter asking when I could expect a decision, she replied that the applications are with the admission tutor but didn't give me any concrete time frame..
isabella8jian
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Unfortunately, I have to give up this opportunity, although I really like the modules in this program.....

Anyway, best wishes to everyone!
psychology2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi everyone,I've just noticed on the website that they've closed applications early. Has anyone had any offers recently? I submitted my application 5 weeks ago and my references cleared 4 weeks ago.
ogie95
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by psychology2)
Hi everyone,I've just noticed on the website that they've closed applications early. Has anyone had any offers recently? I submitted my application 5 weeks ago and my references cleared 4 weeks ago.
I got my offer exactly 6 weeks after my references cleared
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (44)
59.46%
No (30)
40.54%

Watched Threads