Parent's Income Translation Watch

Sennoz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi everyone,

My student finance has been delayed for this year (this is my final year of receiving it), as Student Finance are claiming that they now require translated versions of my parents' financial statements from Italian to English. I am required to provide four documents altogether, which is the equivalent to 34 pages.

I am able to translate these documents myself, though this could take a very long amount of time; I'll need to remove the original text from the documents and re-write over them in English. I'm planning to edit the documents on Photoshop as it'll be easier to rectify if I make any mistakes, though simply putting placeholder text on a single page has taken up to 30 minutes to do - and that's before I even start writing the translations.

If anybody else has had this happen to them, or if anybody has absolutely any advice on what I could possibly do to make this process go faster, I would greatly appreciate it as I am also working part-time and studying at the same time, so I really do not have the time to complete this. I have already looked for websites that offer to do this for you, though their pricing starts at $20 per page - which is something that I simply can't do.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
SFE Aaron
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Sennoz)
Hi everyone,

My student finance has been delayed for this year (this is my final year of receiving it), as Student Finance are claiming that they now require translated versions of my parents' financial statements from Italian to English. I am required to provide four documents altogether, which is the equivalent to 34 pages.

I am able to translate these documents myself, though this could take a very long amount of time; I'll need to remove the original text from the documents and re-write over them in English. I'm planning to edit the documents on Photoshop as it'll be easier to rectify if I make any mistakes, though simply putting placeholder text on a single page has taken up to 30 minutes to do - and that's before I even start writing the translations.

If anybody else has had this happen to them, or if anybody has absolutely any advice on what I could possibly do to make this process go faster, I would greatly appreciate it as I am also working part-time and studying at the same time, so I really do not have the time to complete this. I have already looked for websites that offer to do this for you, though their pricing starts at $20 per page - which is something that I simply can't do.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Hi, it is normal that we would ask for translated documents so then our assessors can process this information. I do appreciate the process of doing this may take time, but we will be able to process this when you are able to send these documents in. Regards, Aaron.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (582)
80.17%
Leave (144)
19.83%

Watched Threads