National 5 Music 2018/19

Watch this thread
redoubtable
Badges: 21
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey everyone!
Just a thread for anyone doing Nat 5 music this year...
Last edited by redoubtable; 3 years ago
username4250206
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Heyo, what instruments does everyone play?
We have just started our composition and mine is going terribly.
redoubtable
Same! My composition is actually so bad
Some people in my class are doing really well though...
Catriona23
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
My instruments are Trumpet and Voice. I had my performance prelim and that went well but I’m really nervous about performing in front of an examiner I don’t know - even though I’ve done ABRSM grades 4-6 on Trumpet. I think it’s the fact that it’s an SQA Qualification that will go towards getting me into uni that’s freaking me out. Any advice please?
redoubtable
(Original post by Catriona23)
My instruments are Trumpet and Voice. I had my performance prelim and that went well but I’m really nervous about performing in front of an examiner I don’t know - even though I’ve done ABRSM grades 4-6 on Trumpet. I think it’s the fact that it’s an SQA Qualification that will go towards getting me into uni that’s freaking me out. Any advice please?
Well I've got my final performance exam in literally a month so I'm really nervous- not looking forward to it. I think I actually find it easier playing in front of someone I don't know for some reason- I really hated my prelim because it was in front of my music teachers! If your prelim went well though then I'm sure you'll be fine- are you learning any new songs for your final? My prelim went well but I do have to learn another song on my second instrument which is a bit nerve-wracking. I'm just making sure that I practise every day for the next 4 weeks and hopefully I'll be fine.
Catriona23
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by pineapplepink)
Well I've got my final performance exam in literally a month so I'm really nervous- not looking forward to it. I think I actually find it easier playing in front of someone I don't know for some reason- I really hated my prelim because it was in front of my music teachers! If your prelim went well though then I'm sure you'll be fine- are you learning any new songs for your final? My prelim went well but I do have to learn another song on my second instrument which is a bit nerve-wracking. I'm just making sure that I practise every day for the next 4 weeks and hopefully I'll be fine.
No new songs for me, thank goodness! Some of my trumpet pieces are pretty difficult though so I’m trying to keep on top of them. Good luck for your performance, I’m sure you’ll be great
redoubtable
No new songs for me, thank goodness! Some of my trumpet pieces are pretty difficult though so I’m trying to keep on top of them. Good luck for your performance, I’m sure you’ll be great
Thanks
Do you know when your performance exam is?
Catriona23
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Thanks
Do you know when your performance exam is?
Either the 19th or the 20th Of March, they haven’t confirmed the timetable yet so I don’t know which day
redoubtable
I'm sure it'll be fine. Do you think you'll take music next year? I'm not sure if I'm going to or not.
Catriona23
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I'm sure it'll be fine. Do you think you'll take music next year? I'm not sure if I'm going to or not.
Yeah I am, it’s a good safe subject for me. It all depends if you have a strong music department though
redoubtable
Yeah I am, it’s a good safe subject for me. It all depends if you have a strong music department though
Well we've got a really strong music department actually, so we're pretty lucky. I'm kind of on the fence about music, but I think I'll end up taking it.
Catriona23
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Well we've got a really strong music department actually, so we're pretty lucky. I'm kind of on the fence about music, but I think I'll end up taking it.
Yeah, because of the subject choices my only 2 options for 1 of my highers was Higher Maths or Music, so I chose music
redoubtable
Yeah, because of the subject choices my only 2 options for 1 of my highers was Higher Maths or Music, so I chose music
I'm definitely not taking higher maths😂
Cupcake15
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing Nat 5 music too! My prelim went great and I got an A How was your results!
redoubtable
(Original post by Cupcake15)
I'm doing Nat 5 music too! My prelim went great and I got an A How was your results!
I got an A too but I'm not even thinking about that anymore because I have my actual playing exam in less than a month!
redoubtable
Has anyone else done their performance exam yet? How did it go?
I think mine went ok- I don't think I made any huge mistakes, I made a couple of small ones though.
Anyone, our compositions have been handed in now too, and honestly, I don't think mine is very good😂
It got 9 marks when my teachers looked at it for the prelim but tbh I don't know if the changes I made will actually increase my marks at all.
redoubtable
How's everyone feeling about the listening exam?
username4250206
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Less than 2 weeks until the listening exam. I'm feeling fairly confident for this since it is multiple choice I can rule out the ones that I know it isn't We do loads of practice papers in class now. But the night before I've got a concert with ceilidh group so not sure when I'm going to have time to study because my school decided it would be a good idea for the S5s and S6s to go on study leave on the Wednesday but not let S4s go on study leave until the following Monday even though people have exams on the Thursday??
redoubtable
yeah i'm feeling ok about it rn
we're technically on study leave cos we're not going back to school after the Easter holidays at all. that's a bit annoying for you though
(Original post by Valeriex)
Less than 2 weeks until the listening exam. I'm feeling fairly confident for this since it is multiple choice I can rule out the ones that I know it isn't We do loads of practice papers in class now. But the night before I've got a concert with ceilidh group so not sure when I'm going to have time to study because my school decided it would be a good idea for the S5s and S6s to go on study leave on the Wednesday but not let S4s go on study leave until the following Monday even though people have exams on the Thursday??
username4250206
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
yeah i'm feeling ok about it rn
we're technically on study leave cos we're not going back to school after the Easter holidays at all. that's a bit annoying for you though
Oh really, did your easter break just start? Mine started last week. It's literally a joke we are gonna be in 4 days next week, and then 4 days the weeks after there is just no point
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (78)
18.89%
The paper was reasonable (154)
37.29%
Not feeling great about that exam... (117)
28.33%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
15.5%

Watched Threads