Romeo and Juliet. The one with Leonardo Dicaprio :lovedup::heart:
Valeriex
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by agirlcalledtheo)
We did that as well. Could be a coincidence or we know each other lol <3
Well I don't know anyone called Theo x. Do you know a Valerie haha?
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ellamarshall)
Hello, i have just finished reading Tallys Blood in English (with under two months until the exam!!!) Im trying to write essay plans for most possible essay questions that could come up, but im not sure what techniques i should be identifying. Like in poetry, there are similes, metaphors ect, but you dont really have them in plays. So if anyone has got any tips for writing essays and identifying techniques it would be much appreciated. Also are you meant to use a quote in every paragraph? Thanks!
:wavey: I've just moved your question into the main National 5 English thread- there's lots of people here doing Nat 5s, and you can also get the equivalent threads for your other subjects here
lukeEgray
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
how do i write a good essay for my exam soon as i just cant figure it out and it is stressing me out
lukeEgray
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
can someone help me plan a critical essay on Flowers for Algernon it would be greatly appreciated
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by lukeEgray)
how do i write a good essay for my exam soon as i just cant figure it out and it is stressing me out
can someone help me plan a critical essay on Flowers for Algernon it would be greatly appreciated
:wavey: I've just moved your questions into the main thread for National 5 English There's lots of people here doing Nat 5s, so hopefully someone will be able to help. You can also get the equivalent threads for your other subjects here
aingidh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm not sure how to do my critical essay. I'm doing To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, and I have my quotes prepared, but I just can't seem to write in large volumes whilst keeping to the theme of the essay.

Does anyone know what the suggested word count is for Nat 5 critical essay>
pineapplepink
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
i don't think there is one- you just have to do what you think is enough/have time to do
well my teacher's definitely never said anything about a word count. anyway, you wouldn't have time to count your words.
(Original post by aingidh)
I'm not sure how to do my critical essay. I'm doing To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, and I have my quotes prepared, but I just can't seem to write in large volumes whilst keeping to the theme of the essay.

Does anyone know what the suggested word count is for Nat 5 critical essay>
Vladimir Poutine
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hi there. Take a breather, don’t let yourself get too stressed. Bear in mind the critical essay only comprises a short portion of the final exam (close reading is easier and more marks imo), which isn’t even all of your final grade; your folio work counts too. But to do well, which everyone will want to, I’d say planning is vital, and would advise you keep the following in mind when doing so:

*Your evidence - quotations and whatnot explained. Get to know them off by heart in order.
*Analysis - linking the evidence to relevant features and being able to understand technique deployed by the writer/director
*Evaluation - more of a personal take, wether technique used worked or not and your own thoughts and feelings. Using “in my view” helps to make it stand out when you are giving evaluation. (This is mainly for the conclusion but it would be a boost to sprinkle some evaluative language throughout).

If these things are consistent throughout, gaining the marks shouldn’t be too hard provided you understand the text/film as well as follow a good essay structure. Always be linking in each paragraph how your essay relates to the question you’re answering eg if it’s about “the text as a whole” or “emotional response”.

In preparation, check out the past paper questions that have come up under your general topics be they Character, Key Incident or Theme and work your evidence around this.
ravenshill
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
closing reading is where I fail miserably. I struggle to get a pass in it each time I practice. Is there anything that I can do to improve my score to get a few marks over a pass at least.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (376)
37.49%
No - but I will (76)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (480)
47.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed