The Student Room Group

National 5 French 2018/19

Bonjour! Bienvenue! :hello:

Edit- UNOFFICIAL MARKING SCHEME
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Bonjour, je m'appelle Val
How's everyone getting on with French? Hope that speaking assessments went well!
mine went really well, so I'm feeling pretty good about French. I've already completed quite a large portion of my final grade already, with the writing assessment we did and the speaking.
Honestly, French is my last exam and I'm not taking it next year. And if I'm honest I couldn't care less about it which I know is probably bad, but like honestly I don't care about French.
Original post by pineapplepink
mine went really well, so I'm feeling pretty good about French. I've already completed quite a large portion of my final grade already, with the writing assessment we did and the speaking.

Glad to hear this! Although it can be stressful doing coursework at the time, it definitely can help when you know you've already got some of the marks out of the way before the exam!

Original post by Valeriex
Honestly, French is my last exam and I'm not taking it next year. And if I'm honest I couldn't care less about it which I know is probably bad, but like honestly I don't care about French.

Doesn't sound bad at all- I thought the exact same when I did it :lol:
yeah, I've still got geography after french (I've got a two-week gap) but I am taking French next year. What subjects did you take at higher?
Actually I nearly took geography this year instead of French. I'm taking maths, english, human biology, chemistry and music x How about you?
yeah, I've still got geography after french (I've got a two-week gap) but I am taking French next year. What subjects did you take at higher?
Actually I nearly took geography this year instead of French. I'm taking maths, english, human biology, chemistry and music x How about you?

I'm doing English, Chemistry, French, Geography and Music. :smile:

To be fair if you don't need it then if you fail it doesn't really matter. Like I'm doing maths this year but for what I want to do at uni I don't even need to pass
yeah I'm dropping maths after this year... I've basically gone through school looking forward to the day when I could drop maths lol
I don't know what I want to do at uni though
Original post by lorrie.ladybug
To be fair if you don't need it then if you fail it doesn't really matter. Like I'm doing maths this year but for what I want to do at uni I don't even need to pass
(edited 5 years ago)
S A M E!!! It's gonna be so much better next year when you can do more subjects you enjoy oml
yeah I'm dropping maths after this year... I've basically gone through school looking forward to the day when I could drop maths lol
I don't know what I want to do at uni though
exactly:smile:
Original post by lorrie.ladybug
S A M E!!! It's gonna be so much better next year when you can do more subjects you enjoy oml
1 month exactly until this exam (and 1 month until my exams end woop).
How is everyone feeling, any worries?
Honestly I'm not feeling bad about French because I don't really care. Like I think I know the job application, but the listening can sometimes be tricky.
I'm the opposite- hate job application, but listening is my fave part!

1 month exactly until this exam (and 1 month until my exams end woop).
How is everyone feeling, any worries?
Honestly I'm not feeling bad about French because I don't really care. Like I think I know the job application, but the listening can sometimes be tricky.
im really struggling with reading papers tbh
Just do as much practice as possible. Look for the question in the text, for example :
How does Sonia describe her mum? (1 mark)

Ma mere est sympa et assez amusante.
(my mum is nice and quite funny)

So look for the word of the questions in the text because at Nat 5 they will put the beginning of the question in the text so you just have to look for the next words, to make it easier. So in this example in the text you would look for "my mum is" and then find the words. This is the case for "C/B level questions" they only make a few questions difficult.

Another tip don't try and translate while you read the passage, you'll just get confused and if you are running out of time just focus on the ones that you can see the answers for straight away. Hopefully you will have at least an hour for the reading if you get your Job App done quickly.
Original post by bendalrymple36
im really struggling with reading papers tbh
thank u so much i've tried to learn a big chunk of vocab so I can fill in the gaps. Je suis très effrayente pour les natuonal 5 examens parce que mon biology examen est une façon semaine.
Just do as much practice as possible. Look for the question in the text, for example :
How does Sonia describe her mum? (1 mark)

Ma mere est sympa et assez amusante.
(my mum is nice and quite funny)

So look for the word of the questions in the text because at Nat 5 they will put the beginning of the question in the text so you just have to look for the next words, to make it easier. So in this example in the text you would look for "my mum is" and then find the words. This is the case for "C/B level questions" they only make a few questions difficult.

Another tip don't try and translate while you read the passage, you'll just get confused and if you are running out of time just focus on the ones that you can see the answers for straight away. Hopefully you will have at least an hour for the reading if you get your Job App done quickly.
Does anyone have any ideas on what the unpredictable bullet points might be? Do you think they will make us ask a question (s)?
I mean it's possible... I don't really try to predict anything because they could literally ask us anything. I'm mostly just practising random bullet points, but we do get a dictionary, so it's not too bad.
Does anyone have any ideas on what the unpredictable bullet points might be? Do you think they will make us ask a question (s)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending