The Student Room Group

National 5 Biology 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

:wavey:
How's everyone getting on with biology? Exams are getting pretty close now :eek:
yep pretty much just a month to biology! honestly, I'm feeling ok about it... I just need to get back into revising. I'm finding that quite difficult right now.
Original post by pineapplepink
yep pretty much just a month to biology! honestly, I'm feeling ok about it... I just need to get back into revising. I'm finding that quite difficult right now.

Glad you're feeling alright about it! :smile: If you're finding it difficult to get into the swing of revision, it might be worth taking a couple of days off at the beginning of the holidays, as sometimes taking a break can be helpful. Either that or starting by making some sort of plan before they start? You'll have a better idea of what will work best for you though :smile:
Original post by Labrador99
Glad you're feeling alright about it! :smile: If you're finding it difficult to get into the swing of revision, it might be worth taking a couple of days off at the beginning of the holidays, as sometimes taking a break can be helpful. Either that or starting by making some sort of plan before they start? You'll have a better idea of what will work best for you though :smile:

yeah hopefully:smile:
I think making a plan might help me though, thanks

Its so close. Our school does an easter school where we go in the holidays to revise. I have went in the hopes to get into the studying groove but its not helpful. The exam is a couple weeks away and there is so much information to learn. Any advice?
Does anyone have any predictions what topics are likely to come up this year?
I guess the most effective way of revising is reading How To Pass, it has so many tips and exam style questions which is helpful.
Other than that, do more past papers.
Any topics that you all struggling with? I know Unit 3 is a nightmare and experimental design questions are tough.
Please feel free to ask, I won't bother you. :p:)
Have you done national 5 Biology?
Original post by rittajmoghal29
I guess the most effective way of revising is reading How To Pass, it has so many tips and exam style questions which is helpful.
Other than that, do more past papers.
Any topics that you all struggling with? I know Unit 3 is a nightmare and experimental design questions are tough.
Please feel free to ask, I won't bother you. :p:)
Well, I am currently doing it, waiting for the final exam. As such I have received good scores in class tests and in my prelim. I understand the topics clearly so if you need anything let me know. :smile:
oh ok
Original post by rittajmoghal29
Well, I am currently doing it, waiting for the final exam. As such I have received good scores in class tests and in my prelim. I understand the topics clearly so if you need anything let me know. :smile:
EXAM is in a week
i knoww
Original post by bendalrymple36
EXAM is in a week
(edited 4 years ago)
I am so much nervous, :s-smilie:
we do get 2 and a half hours though
I was finished really early in the prelim so I'm hoping it'll be the same in the final exam so I can go over all my answers
Original post by Rumaan Yusaf
I don’t know about you guys but I’m nervous cause the final exam is by the SQA, unlike the prelims. I just have a feeling the questions will be hard.
i knoww

acc so nervous if I don't get an A ill lose it
Don't put too much pressure on yourself. You don't need straight As just do your best.
Original post by bendalrymple36
acc so nervous if I don't get an A ill lose it
Original post by agirlcalledtheo
Its so close. Our school does an easter school where we go in the holidays to revise. I have went in the hopes to get into the studying groove but its not helpful. The exam is a couple weeks away and there is so much information to learn. Any advice?

maybe look at the course spec? i found doing that pretty useful
i reallllllly want straight a's lol
trying to work hard now to get those results:biggrin:
Original post by Valeriex
Don't put too much pressure on yourself. You don't need straight As just do your best.
Same to be honest, I think it is doable for most of my subjects, but really I will be fine with a B in some of my subjects if the exam was harder than expected.
i reallllllly want straight a's lol
trying to work hard now to get those results:biggrin:
yeah same
hopefully they won't be too hard though
i really want an good essay question in English and for me I sometimes struggle with quadratic problems in maths so hopefully if they put one in i can do it
Original post by Valeriex
Same to be honest, I think it is doable for most of my subjects, but really I will be fine with a B in some of my subjects if the exam was harder than expected.

Quick Reply

Latest