The Student Room Group

National 5 Chemistry 2018/19

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Steph:)
You are all discussing answers but I can’t even remember the questions, someone pls send them 😂

I know right 🤣
soo true, I feel like that the sciences this year are getting harder
Original post by BethKennedy_x
Did anyone else feel as though there was a lot of calculation sort of questions (like the ones where you had to find the conc, or mass or number of moles or whatever) ? Maybe it’s because they aren’t my strong suit but I felt like there was way more in this exam than in the past papers :frown:
what did everyone get for the question about 24% of whatever it was in 500g?
Not totally, might get two they were just asking for how much would have gone not how much was left!
i had one AQ and one S on the left and One AQ and one S on the right i think but not to sure
Original post by rg2019
For the one where the equation had to be written with symbols... did people put aq for left hand side two and one aq and one s for the right hand side
I done 500 x 0.24
Original post by ronaclark
Reply 186
would question 15 in multi choice not be B and 20 C?
Original post by ronaclark

120 grams
Reply 188
Original post by Benasteve
120 grams

That’s what i got phew 😅😅
Did you have to put the state symbols in?
Original post by Benasteve
i had one AQ and one S on the left and One AQ and one S on the right i think but not to sure
Reply 190
was one of the answers 140g? feel like i got that for one of the questions?
(edited 4 years ago)
Yea, I got that for the one about ethene and cyclohexene, the calculation from a balanced equation.
Original post by em1455
Original post by em1455

Yeah i’m sure that was for the mole question
yeah I got that aswell I think
Original post by mrobertson03
Oh, I think I got 0.05kg
yeah I don't put down state symbols because I thought they would have specifically said that
Original post by Ibby0
I’m pretty sure they were only asking for the element symbols and not the state symbols, e.g. Be and K instead of Be(aq) etc.
What did you all put for the one about the name given to titres which are 0.2cm^3 apart? We hadn’t really covered that in class but I vaguely remembered the word concordant so put that but I’m unsure.
Oh ok Haha, thought I may have misread that question as I didnt see anything like that
Original post by pineapplepink
yeah I don't put down state symbols because I thought they would have specifically said that

Original post by beth1709
What did you all put for the one about the name given to titres which are 0.2cm^3 apart? We hadn’t really covered that in class but I vaguely remembered the word concordant so put that but I’m unsure.

Yeah concordant is right, standard solution was the one where the end point is known
ahah well I did contemplate writing them down and then I just thought if I get them wrong then they'll take marks off
but if they weren't required and you put them down and got them right then you would still get the marks
Original post by Consequence_CC
Oh ok Haha, thought I may have misread that question as I didnt see anything like that

Original post by mrobertson03
For the question where it asked about the substance used in the liver (question 2), do you think they were just looking for you to state ‘enzyme’, or to call it a biological catalyst?

I would have just said enzyme, a biological catalyst is the description of an enzyme, I'm sure it just asked you to state.
Original post by rg2019
Anyone get a LOT of Bs for multiple choice like 3 in a row at once n not a lot of As

Yass, reassuring I was similar.
Original post by evadawgie
I remember getting 87.5% for the half-life decay question and 0.5kg for the mass of water question. That's all I can remember at the moment though :smile:

Oh no! I had the 12.5% then forgot to subtract it. I had 0.05 kg on the mass of the water?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending