Civil Engineering Imperial College Recruitment Day 2019 entry Watch

tabs20
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I got an invite to a recruitment day for civil engineering and on the email, it says there is going to be a short test and "meeting" with one of the academic staff.

Does anyone know what is in this short test? and if any formulas for physics need to be memorised? and what about engineering I need to know?

Also is the "meeting" an interview or an informal chat?????
Helloj
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi, I’m thinking the same thing, my recruitment day is on Wednesday 14/11 and I’m unsure of what to revise and if it’s going to be an interview style or informal.
markyw12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Helloj)
Hi, I’m thinking the same thing, my recruitment day is on Wednesday 14/11 and I’m unsure of what to revise and if it’s going to be an interview style or informal.
I just had my recruitment day on the 7th. There is seriously nothing to worry about, its actually lots of fun. Just enjoy the day!
tabs20
Rep:
?
(Original post by markyw12)
I just had my recruitment day on the 7th. There is seriously nothing to worry about, its actually lots of fun. Just enjoy the day!
hey, is there an interview because I am so unsure?!
markyw12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by tabs20)
hey, is there an interview because I am so unsure?!
Not a formal one, its more of a discussion.
Helloj
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
How was the test? Was it like a real test like the pat or engaa? Or was it more laid back?
markyw12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
How was the test? Was it like a real test like the pat or engaa? Or was it more laid back?
I don't think I'm allowed to say, however it really isn't that bad so don't worry.
lock88
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
do we need to bring any documents for identification? like passport or something?
markyw12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lock88)
do we need to bring any documents for identification? like passport or something?
No I don't think so. (I wasn't asked but some other might have been)
lock88
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
No I don't think so. (I wasn't asked but some other might have been)
okay thank you. so basically you arrived there and you just told them your name to register?
Helloj
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by markyw12)I don't think I'm allowed to say, however it really isn't that bad so don't worry.
Ok thanks that gives me a bit more confidence. Should I bring my own calculator and stationary or will they give you anything you need?
lock88
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I don't think I'm allowed to say, however it really isn't that bad so don't worry.
hi i'm not sure if you're allowed to answer this but did they ask you anything about your personal statement?
markyw12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by lock88)
hi i'm not sure if you're allowed to answer this but did they ask you anything about your personal statement?
1) I sort of hung out in the lobby and then I was asked if I was there for the interview. I said yes and I was taken up to the room that I was sent the details of in the email.
2) I wasn't asked, however I cannot speak for others.
lock88
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
1) I sort of hung out in the lobby and then I was asked if I was there for the interview. I said yes and I was taken up to the room that I was sent the details of in the email.
2) I wasn't asked, however I cannot speak for others.
thank you so much for you help! really appreciate it
markyw12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by markyw12)I don't think I'm allowed to say, however it really isn't that bad so don't worry.
Ok thanks that gives me a bit more confidence. Should I bring my own calculator and stationary or will they give you anything you need?
Bring your own stuff. But don't stress if you forget because they had plenty of spares when I was there.
Helloj
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
tabs20
Rep:
?
Did you do any preparation for it?
markyw12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
No, I had the PAT only a week prior. Seriously don't stress if you know your stuff you'll be fine.
tabs20
Rep:
?
The thing is I didn’t do the PAT so I’m scared I’m meant to have memorised equations which are usually given in equation sheets ?😭

No, I had the PAT only a week prior. Seriously don't stress if you know your stuff you'll be fine.
markyw12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
The thing is I didn’t do the PAT so I’m scared I’m meant to have memorised equations which are usually given in equation sheets ?😭

I really don't know what I can say about the test. However just before we did it, it was emphasised that it isn't the only thing taken into consideration when deciding who gets offers. A bad test score doesn't mean you're immediately rejected.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Do you give blood?