malikhakhan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
so I've applied to the wrong course - biomedical engineering instead of just biomedicine. the requirements for the engineering is an A in physics, and i don't take physics but i've still been given an interview. it's been 14 days on Ucas so i can't just switch courses, is there anything i can do?
Ash:)
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by malikhakhan)
so I've applied to the wrong course - biomedical engineering instead of just biomedicine. the requirements for the engineering is an A in physics, and i don't take physics but i've still been given an interview. it's been 14 days on Ucas so i can't just switch courses, is there anything i can do?
Talk to your UCAS advisor at school and see what they say - they might sort it out for you.

If not, call the uni and give them your ucas ID number - tell them what’s happened.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does the university offer both? If so ring them up and ask them to swap your course.
Jenjenss
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think u need to call the uni and explain what happened
Simonthegreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How did that happen? Call the uni and speak to them. It is not in anyone's interest in you doing the wrong course. There must be a way of changint it. Good luck
malikhakhan
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Does the university offer both? If so ring them up and ask them to swap your course.
no, but I stupidly assumed they were the same thing without looking at the website
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
no, but I stupidly assumed they were the same thing without looking at the website
After 14 days there’s no way to swap universities (you can only ask universities to swap your course at that university)
death07/08/17
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
\Biomedical engineering is interesting...if you are up for interview, maybe research the course and see if you like it? Might be fate haha, nothing that UCAS will do really, now that the fourteen day window has elapsed.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Call up UCAS on 03714680468

ask for advice etc. and then on monday talk to your year head/careers advisor....
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
Call up UCAS on 03714680468

ask for advice etc. and then on monday talk to your year head/careers advisor....
After 14 days UCAS can’t help. Neither can teachers.

There’s no way to substitute a university after 14 days. The only changes possible are to swap courses at that university (initiated by the university) or to decline all offers and apply elsewhere using extra.

OP has 4 other choices that are presumably for the right course to focus on.
LeapingLucy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Contact the university directly - ring them up - and ask them if you can change. It's too late to do it through UCAS now.
malikhakhan
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
After 14 days UCAS can’t help. Neither can teachers.

There’s no way to substitute a university after 14 days. The only changes possible are to swap courses at that university (initiated by the university) or to decline all offers and apply elsewhere using extra.

OP has 4 other choices that are presumably for the right course to focus on.
Yeah the other 4 are dentistry, should I just accept my fate?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah the other 4 are dentistry, should I just accept my fate?
Unless there’s another course at your 5th choice that you fancy asking them to switch you too. Maybe a straight biology course if they don’t offer biomed?

Biomed courses are often in clearing because they know they can pick up excellent students who missed out on med/dent places...so there’s always a fall back later on
Bulletzone
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied to the wrong Uni (waste of an option).

But yeah, talk to UCAS.
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Sounds like you should ditch the Sciences for now and apply for English if you made that sort of blunder.....
malikhakhan
Rep:
?
(Original post by ANM775)
Sounds like you should ditch the Sciences for now and apply for English if you made that sort of blunder.....
sounds like you should press that juicy back button right out of this thread.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Nov '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
69.46%
No I haven't decided yet (33)
19.76%
Yes but I might change my mind (18)
10.78%

Watched Threads