The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

How lenient is Royal Holloway with grades?

Hello,

Finished my A-Levels in August this year and got ACC. I was one mark off a B, got a remark and it stayed the same. :frown:

I am applying for the next cohort for 2019 entry. The course I want to take is Information Security and the grades needed are AAB-ABB. Obviously, I didn't get this but I really want to do this course. I don't have any money to financially support retakes and I am out of luck with that. In addition, I really do want to spend my gap year doing other things so I would prefer not to be doing any academia.

In terms of my PS, I believe it is quite strong as I have managed to secure work experience which was very hard to find (emailed about 25 different companies, 1 got back) considering the nature of what I want to do.

Also, I have submitted my UCAS application but my school hasn't sent it off yet, can I have it retracted (if I need it to be) if I ask the school? And then send it off again?

Thanks,
:smile:
I got into reading uni with ACC and they ask for AAB-AAA i applied through clearing though i also had a clearing offer from Sussex uni, you probably would get in if you apply during clearing idk though if u apply normally since you dont actually meet their requirements
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
To add my friend got in with AAD and he needed AAB so there not too harsh i would say
Reply 3
Original post by 4.4KitKat
Hello,

Finished my A-Levels in August this year and got ACC. I was one mark off a B, got a remark and it stayed the same. :frown:

I am applying for the next cohort for 2019 entry. The course I want to take is Information Security and the grades needed are AAB-ABB. Obviously, I didn't get this but I really want to do this course. I don't have any money to financially support retakes and I am out of luck with that. In addition, I really do want to spend my gap year doing other things so I would prefer not to be doing any academia.

In terms of my PS, I believe it is quite strong as I have managed to secure work experience which was very hard to find (emailed about 25 different companies, 1 got back) considering the nature of what I want to do.

Also, I have submitted my UCAS application but my school hasn't sent it off yet, can I have it retracted (if I need it to be) if I ask the school? And then send it off again?

Thanks,
:smile:

I'm not entirely sure about Royal Holloway in general. But I can say with some level of surety I highly doubt they would accept you with the fact you are a whole grade out for 2 out of 3 subjects.
I also expect them to be less sympathetic with you due to the fact you have already sat the exams. If you were applying with predicted grades then they may have allowed you despite you not achieving the grades but the chances of them letting you on the course despite not having the grades achieved are pretty slim.
Hope this helps.
Original post by Shiv7
I'm not entirely sure about Royal Holloway in general. But I can say with some level of surety I highly doubt they would accept you with the fact you are a whole grade out for 2 out of 3 subjects.
I also expect them to be less sympathetic with you due to the fact you have already sat the exams. If you were applying with predicted grades then they may have allowed you despite you not achieving the grades but the chances of them letting you on the course despite not having the grades achieved are pretty slim.
Hope this helps.

I was thinking this too :/ Idek at this point lmaoo aha

I mighhhhttt think about re-taking but I've sold all the books and just have scraps of revision material somewhere. Then again as I said, I have no money.

Obviously chances are slim, but would emailing them help me? I emailed Warwick about the same course and they said they would consider my application if my grade went up to a B. Despite the requirements being AAB.
Original post by toniator23
To add my friend got in with AAD and he needed AAB so there not too harsh i would say

Thanks for replying, what course was this?
Original post by 4.4KitKat
Thanks for replying, what course was this?

History
Original post by toniator23
History

Oh, right. Thanks for that :smile:
Anyone else know of any any experience with RHUL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending