james_staple
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I'm applying for uni next year and I'm not sure whether I should make Birmingham or Newcastle my first choice?
Newcastle University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by james_staple)
Hi, I'm applying for uni next year and I'm not sure whether I should make Birmingham or Newcastle my first choice?
Hi james_staple,

Great to hear you're considering us as one of your options!

What are the most important things to you when choosing a university? Is it course content, student life, extra curricular opportunities or location and distance to home for example?

If you let me know any questions or concerns you might have I'll do my best to help

Valentina
james_staple
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Newcastle University)
Hi james_staple,

Great to hear you're considering us as one of your options!

What are the most important things to you when choosing a university? Is it course content, student life, extra curricular opportunities or location and distance to home for example?

If you let me know any questions or concerns you might have I'll do my best to help

Valentina
Hi, I would say the 2 most important qualities of a university for me are the course content and student life. so far the student life looks amazing at both uni's but I'm not too sure which one has the better course yet.
Newcastle University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by james_staple)
Hi, I would say the 2 most important qualities of a university for me are the course content and student life. so far the student life looks amazing at both uni's but I'm not too sure which one has the better course yet.
Hi James,

Have you had a look at the course structure at both universities? Probably the best place to start as you might find that one university offers some particular modules which you really want to study and the other doesn’t. We have a flexible degree structure which means you don’t pick your speciality until your final year which can be handy if you’re not yet sure about which area you enjoy the most!

Our School of Computer Science is based on our new Newcastle Helix area of campus and has some fantastic facilities which are worth having a look at too.

You’re right that we definitely have lots going on in Newcastle, campus is based right in the city centre so you have all of the shops, restaurants and bars on your doorstep, and it’s only a short journey out to countryside and beaches too. Our student blogs give a good insight into the different things you can get up to whilst studying here.

Hope this helps :thumbsup: Good luck with whatever you decide!

Valentina
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (218)
53.3%
18-20 years old (no) (53)
12.96%
20-25 years old (yes) (64)
15.65%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
2.2%
25-30 years old (yes) (24)
5.87%