Can I do it?

Watch this thread
daymonye
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm in year 12, doing fast-track mathematics, physics and psychology, and for fast-track maths i will complete A-level maths in year 12, then further maths in year 13. I'm not particularly passionate about psychology, I chose it because my tutors told me that because of my GCSE results (2A*s 9As) that I should choose another subject as the results show i'm capable to leave school with 4 alevels, and I thought psychology would manageable alongside my maths intense subjects.
I'm struggling a lot to balance them, as I have tests basically every week and psychology essays are difficult to structure and there is so much content to learn.. I find myself putting psychology as a low priority to my maths, as I have to keep up with maths and do well as i want to study it in uni. Am I completely wasting my time doing psychology? I'm asking myself if i spent all of my spare time studying then i might be able to make it work, i'm just having a lot of doubts, plus if i keep going I would have to do it for the 2 years and I don't know if it would hinder my maths grades
advice?
brainzistheword
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by daymonye)
I'm in year 12, doing fast-track mathematics, physics and psychology, and for fast-track maths i will complete A-level maths in year 12, then further maths in year 13. I'm not particularly passionate about psychology, I chose it because my tutors told me that because of my GCSE results (2A*s 9As) that I should choose another subject as the results show i'm capable to leave school with 4 alevels, and I thought psychology would manageable alongside my maths intense subjects.
I'm struggling a lot to balance them, as I have tests basically every week and psychology essays are difficult to structure and there is so much content to learn.. I find myself putting psychology as a low priority to my maths, as I have to keep up with maths and do well as i want to study it in uni. Am I completely wasting my time doing psychology? I'm asking myself if i spent all of my spare time studying then i might be able to make it work, i'm just having a lot of doubts, plus if i keep going I would have to do it for the 2 years and I don't know if it would hinder my maths grades
advice?
I think you should arrange a meeting with your tutors and have a word about how you're finding the workload. If you're struggling (as it sounds like you are) I'd suggest you look to drop a subject, especially seen as you don't have a significant interest in it. However, I cannot tell you what you should do, as it is your decision, but I would suggest you talk it through with the people who can see your academic ability
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (104)
68.42%
No (31)
20.39%
I didn't use it to prepare (17)
11.18%

Watched Threads