The Student Room Group

Is it crazy to do an AS in a gap year?

Hiya, so basically I'm doing a gap year next year and currently study four full a levels. However there are subjects I would have liked to have done that I didn't get to because of the limit of four. Would it be crazy to try to get an AS in one or even two subjects during a gap year in which I also want to work and save up money? Or is there no point because I already have 4 a levels, predicted A*s.
Original post by lottie19x
Hiya, so basically I'm doing a gap year next year and currently study four full a levels. However there are subjects I would have liked to have done that I didn't get to because of the limit of four. Would it be crazy to try to get an AS in one or even two subjects during a gap year in which I also want to work and save up money? Or is there no point because I already have 4 a levels, predicted A*s.

I'd do those extra subjects in your gap year only if they're required subjects for the course you wish to study at university. Otherwise it's a waste of time as you could've spent more time getting valuable work experience and enjoying yourself. But you can certainly balance 2 AS-Levels with a job.
It's madness

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest