What should I be doing in year 11 right now in terms of revision? Watch

Huckipity
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi, so i'm in year 11 and I need some help from others who have past experience, or are in the same year as me currently. My mocks are in January and at the moment I feel like I'm not working hard enough outside of school, since all I do is my homework (to a good standard), and revise for any end of unit test. I listen in class and understand all the content, and stay after school for extra support sessions. I would just like a guideline as to what you'd recommend me doing, and what other people are/were doing at this time in year 11. For example, should I be making revision notes now? I'm hoping for mostly 7s (A's) at gcse. Thanks!
henryosei2005
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I starting to revise in Year 9 as we have to practise one paper each year for each subject but I don't know what your school but for mocks starting revise late November then after the mocks wait for a month then in March start proper revising
Katieb1232002
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I am currently in year 12 and i I’d my GCSE’s last year. I would say start revising a little bit in the Christmas half term and keep doing it. Don’t do as much in the beginning. Past papers and learning the specification is key to revision. I didn’t get all 9s however i did reach my target grade in most of my subjects. I started with maths, English and science at Christmas time.
Nina02
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I'm in Year 11 right now and we have our mocks now and in the beginning of March.

As your mocks are in Jan, I would probably start revising now; not to be stressed-out over Christmas. Just read over the textbook, make notes.
Do past papers and make sure you understand the content well. For me, Science and Psychology are the most challenging so I spend more revision on those subjects.
terrybay
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
just go to every house party and enjoy life
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (33)
7.42%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (262)
58.88%
No (150)
33.71%

Watched Threads