The Student Room Group

Still haven't received full driving licence

I passed my test on the 16th of last month and sent off my provisional licence, certificate and D1 form (I had changed address and needed to update my photo) a few days afterwards. Last week I received an envelope containing the copy of my birth certificate which I'd sent off as proof of UK citizenship (a part of D1 form), so I at least know DVLA got my application.

I'm just worried it's going to take too long or it's not going to be sent to me at all and I'll have to retake my test. Has it ever taken over 3 weeks for a driving licence to arrive for anyone else here ?
Sounds reasonable, they have extra work to do over a normal application.
Reply 2
Original post by cightflub
I passed my test on the 16th of last month and sent off my provisional licence, certificate and D1 form (I had changed address and needed to update my photo) a few days afterwards. Last week I received an envelope containing the copy of my birth certificate which I'd sent off as proof of UK citizenship (a part of D1 form), so I at least know DVLA got my application.

I'm just worried it's going to take too long or it's not going to be sent to me at all and I'll have to retake my test. Has it ever taken over 3 weeks for a driving licence to arrive for anyone else here ?

This is why you're supposed to update any parts of your licence BEFORE your test...
You won't have to resit your test. You've got a test pass certificate...
Reply 4
Original post by xEmilyxx
You won't have to resit your test. You've got a test pass certificate...

No they don't; they've sent it in the post!
"I'm just worried it's going to take too long or it's not going to be sent to me at all and I'll have to retake my test"

I mean if it makes it to two years and you still haven't resolved the issue, you might not be within the right intelligence quotient to be behind a wheel lol. By month 23 I'd have probably walked to Swansea if I had to to sort it out. Just relax; and for the record - it's a legal requirement to tell the DVLA you've changed your address, so take it on the chin and be patient, they could have taxed you a grand which would add some serious insult to injury. It's probably 3 weeks from when they sent their cert back but if unsure, always call and ask.
Once the three weeks pass, ring them up and find out.
Reply 7
I received my driving licence a couple of days ago! Thanks for the advice everyone, I was worrying over nothing lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending