The Student Room Group

University offers

Can an University send you a conditional offer saying that you have 5 days to accept it because otherwise you won’t get the place? I mean, we all are waiting to get an answer from all universities before taking a decision. I think it’s unfair...
Original post by enlamira88
Can an University send you a conditional offer saying that you have 5 days to accept it because otherwise you won’t get the place? I mean, we all are waiting to get an answer from all universities before taking a decision. I think it’s unfair...

Is that what they have done and which uni?

State exactly what they have said.
Moved to applications and UCAS
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Is that what they have done and which uni?

State exactly what they have said.

No no. But I asked my UCAS advisor about the tracking process and he said that sometimes universities send you a conditional offer which you must take a decision before their deadline. He said that sometimes the top universities do this due the amount of applicants they have
(edited 5 years ago)
No no. But I asked my UCAS advisor about the tracking process and he said that sometimes universities send you a conditional offer which you must take a decision before their deadline. He said that sometimes the top universities do this due the amount of applicants they have

I've never heard of that happening and it would indeed be against UCAS regulations.
Reply 5
Original post by ageshallnot
I've never heard of that happening and it would indeed be against UCAS regulations.

Thank you. Hope your right
@PQ ?

Universities handling admissions via UCAS cannot impose earlier deadlines to accept an offer *unless* the course has an early start date (so if you're applying for the handful of health profession courses that start in January/March then they can insist on an earlier decision - for good reason!).

It wouldn't be practical anyway - applicants can only accept an offer on UCAS after all 5 of their choices have made a decision.

Your "adviser" is giving out crap advice :yes:
Reply 8
Original post by PQ
Universities handling admissions via UCAS cannot impose earlier deadlines to accept an offer *unless* the course has an early start date (so if you're applying for the handful of health profession courses that start in January/March then they can insist on an earlier decision - for good reason!).

It wouldn't be practical anyway - applicants can only accept an offer on UCAS after all 5 of their choices have made a decision.

I’ll let him know hehe.
Original post by PQ

I’ll let him know hehe. Thank you! 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending