The Student Room Group

I ordered my provisional and it still hasn't come

Hi there,

I ordered my provisional license on the 26th October and people on most websites have said they received theirs within two weeks. I did not use my photo from my passport so had to wait for them to send me an extra form allowing me to give them a picture and my signature. All seemed good, but it has been over a week, I used 1st class stamping and the application tracking says that they are still awaiting my form.
On the form it said if the form is not complete and delivered within 21 days of the original application, then it has to cancel my application and remove my data. Is it something to be worried about? I have only 6 days until the 21 day limit.Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 17.57.02.png
Original post by thenameisedan
Hi there,

I ordered my provisional license on the 26th October and people on most websites have said they received theirs within two weeks. I did not use my photo from my passport so had to wait for them to send me an extra form allowing me to give them a picture and my signature. All seemed good, but it has been over a week, I used 1st class stamping and the application tracking says that they are still awaiting my form.
On the form it said if the form is not complete and delivered within 21 days of the original application, then it has to cancel my application and remove my data. Is it something to be worried about? I have only 6 days until the 21 day limit.Screenshot 2018-11-10 at 17.57.02.png

Phone and ask on Monday.
Reply 2
Hi there,

It's three weeks following them receiving the form back. If you sent it first class, it will have arrived the next working day.

The online portal will not update until they process your application and send out your licence (this happens at the same time).

Just wait.
Call and ask them
We aren't going to be able to tell you something you don't already know.
Hi there,

I don't really have any experience in this area but I would ring up DVLA asap, try to arrange a call rather than email as it's probably easier to get the message across over phone. :smile:
Reply 6
Hi I send my passport and evrything for my provisional this was in may First or 2second and now it’s been 3 months I understand the coronavirus virus is here and stuff is complicated but I am worried about my birth certificate and passport mostly I wanting my provisional so I can do my license as it’s took so long to come please replay so I can understand what’s going on evry time I ring dvla they say call bk another time bye .
Reply 7
Original post by Tino2221
Hi I send my passport and evrything for my provisional this was in may First or 2second and now it’s been 3 months I understand the coronavirus virus is here and stuff is complicated but I am worried about my birth certificate and passport mostly I wanting my provisional so I can do my license as it’s took so long to come please replay so I can understand what’s going on evry time I ring dvla they say call bk another time bye .

You need to wait. Don't bump old threads.
Reply 8
I have been waiting for 4 weeks and I'm leaving the country soon and I also have sent off my passport this is really stressful and their phone services are closed
Reply 9
Call them and they will send a application return form to the address on your license for you to fill in and return back to them.
Reply 10
Same has happened to me have you found a solution ?
Reply 11
Original post by Ata.P
Same has happened to me have you found a solution ?

Hi, the same has happened to me but having alook at other threads it says its taking about 6-8 weeks
I payed for mine on the 06/04/21 got the form on the 13th sent off on the 15th with tracked delivery so got there next day. It is now 05/05/21 and still waiting for license back.
There is a severe backlog of paper forms, due to covid. It will arrive when it arrives.
Just an update I have checked the status and has now completed at 2:21 am on 19th may so took quite a while I can’t lie
When did yu apply tho?
I’m sure he’s received it by now it’s only been 3 years.
@Portal667 Hi, the same happened to me. Has yours arrived yet? Thanks in advance :smile:
Have you got it now?
Hi I ordered a new provisional about 3/4months ago and not come

Quick Reply

Latest