The Student Room Group

Wrong CCj on credit file, now been removed am I entitled to compensation

Hello i could normally consult with a solisitor but at the moment i cannot afford one so was hoping mabe somone studying law can help, i check my credit file 2 weeks on experdian and found a CCj in my that was not mine is was my dads who also has the same name and sales address but we both have diffrent middle names so i think this should have been chcked before letting it show on my credit file, anyway to cut a long story short the CCj has now been removed after i provided them with proof that it was not mine, i have made a complaint to experdian as this has been there for nealy 2 years which will have no dout let to me getting higher intrest loans and being declined for credit whcih could have helped me, my questio is they said they are currently investigating how this happened and wether i am entitled to compensation for whats happened, do you think i am if so how much? i they offer somthing silly what grouds can i take legal action on?
Potentially.

Law students do not spend that much time learning whether CRAs have liability for misstating people's credit history. You are going to need to see a solicitor or at least go to CAB. It is very complicated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending