The Student Room Group

Jeremy Corbyn: “we can’t stop” Brexit

Scroll to see replies

We voted leave. David Cameron was a pathetic coward and stepped down so he didn't heve to deal with it. We voted, we knew what we voted for. We still want to go. They seem to be stalling. However as many of us have discussed the EU..which is a corporation, made us sign a legal contract which means rules of leaving. They have broken that contract many times, altered the rules as they have gone along...legally the contract should be void and we should be able to leave or is their contract a magical one. The so called remainders are idiot's. Most listen the BBC who we all know are left wing liars and are sheeple. Hopefully we will leave get control of out out country again, our own borders, our own industry and so on.
Original post by Mister Fantastic
Wouldn't be suprised if he denies that's what he meant after the elitists in the Labour Party savage him this evening. He's right for once as we all know it was the biggest vote in UK history and it only happened because parliament voted it through by a massive majority (including the moaning losers). It must be implemented.
Labour MPs have criticised Jeremy Corbyn after he announced “we can’t stop” Brexit just two months after he declared in his conference speech that “all options are on the table”.

In an interview with Der Spiegel published on Friday, the Labour leader renewed his criticism of the EU’s economic policy and called upon the entire country to “recognise the reasons why people voted leave”. Here:

Ok i dont know much about politics, but is it just me or was the 'remain or leave the EU' just something made out of the blue really? Like someone said -

" we need something to do, how about toying with our place in the EU?"
"Sure!"
*sips tea*

I mean idk if it's beneficial or not, but was it just done with no proper reason? Dont kill me.

And isn't politics like foreign debt? Cos apparently debt is negative everywhere (idk why) and people who are good are involved in politics, but one bad player can ruin the game so to say. Everything is connected after all.
EU is a cancer, it's eating away and killing all the EU countries one by one. Currencies keep collapsing because the euro is useless...a failed attempt. However the EU think their gods and now want a euro army....their trying to recreate the Soviet Union. Many countries want out. I now work meeting drivers on a daily basis from multiple countries. The French, germans,especially those 2 hate merkell ...hate the EU the Germans have repeatedly said they don't know how she's in power ..but that's what happened when the euro countries signed in to the EU, they didn't read the contract and legally the EU took everything Europe has. Except countries are wanting to leave now...their panicing and it's showing....
Original post by pe-goose
EU is a cancer, it's eating away and killing all the EU countries one by one. Currencies keep collapsing because the euro is useless...a failed attempt. However the EU think their gods and now want a euro army....their trying to recreate the Soviet Union. Many countries want out. I now work meeting drivers on a daily basis from multiple countries. The French, germans,especially those 2 hate merkell ...hate the EU the Germans have repeatedly said they don't know how she's in power ..but that's what happened when the euro countries signed in to the EU, they didn't read the contract and legally the EU took everything Europe has. Except countries are wanting to leave now...their panicing and it's showing....

"countries are wanting to leave now", "their panicing and it's showing...." - can i laugh now? hahah

the uk thinks it has the upperhand in the debate, under delusions of grandeur. brexit will be terrible for this nation. you really think the eu will fall? the uk has always taken a backseat, i.e. the unwilling neighbour, now the eu will actually get things, done while our economy will feel the effects of this 'deal' for far longer.
Original post by ColinDent
Ah another one who knows more than the experts, I thought remainers loved those too.

You are quite right. I don't know anything.

Seems the experts agree with me though
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46195749
Original post by ByEeek
You are quite right. I don't know anything.

Seems the experts agree with me though
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46195749

Yet they still know less than the heads of the ports of Dover and Calais about how those ports are likely to run.
Original post by That Bearded Man
I'm thinking more along the lines of:
No deal brexit
Customs Union brezit
Remaun

With an apolitical impact (voting in gen totally separate) with the majority of the leave votes deciding which way to move should remain fail to get 60%

30% were on the fence beguiled by Boris Brexit fantasy island. I doubt any have come down on the side of Leave.

(edited 5 years ago)
I saw, we actually agree on something, which is a minor miracle.
The biggest problem there has been with the whole brexit issue is that too many people haven't moved on from the initial arguments, we could have done a much better job with the deal and there should have been some cross party involvement from the off.
What we are left with is a shambles that has been caused by most of parliament, not just the government, but we must still leave.

Why must we still leave? It's incredible how much of Britain's problems are attributed to the EU, not the Tories. Westminster democracy is about the same as EU democracy as far as I'm concerned.
Original post by That Bearded Man
Why must we still leave? It's incredible how much of Britain's problems are attributed to the EU, not the Tories. Westminster democracy is about the same as EU democracy as far as I'm concerned.

Brexiteers argue we must leave because it was the will of the mindless, just. It isn't anymore but we must continue to do so regardless! God... Middle Age mentality or what?
When you insult our intelligence, you've already lost the argument :wink:
Original post by Vinny C
Brexiteers argue we must leave because it was the will of the mindless, just. It isn't anymore but we must continue to do so regardless! God... Middle Age mentality or what?

We must still leave, but the political classes have made it difficult from within, it's equivalent to an insurgency against the people by the politicians that has in part caused this shocking situation.
Original post by Vinny C

A minority of the population want a second referendum but if there were to be one I would suggest the remain side doesn’t go around claiming that there is a second referendum to overturn the decision of the ‘mindless’; I think the working class feeling patronised is part of the reason leave won.
Original post by Underscore__
A minority of the population want a second referendum but if there were to be one I would suggest the remain side doesn’t go around claiming that there is a second referendum to overturn the decision of the ‘mindless’; I think the working class feeling patronised is part of the reason leave won.

And they're not going to complain when it ****s up according to the doomsayers and fearmongers, who are now actively making the ****up happen simply because the electorate didn't vote the way they wanted them to :wink:
I for one would not mind learning lessons from how the old coped when they were young
Yet they still know less than the heads of the ports of Dover and Calais about how those ports are likely to run.

I'm surprised the heads of the Ports of Dover and Calais (who follow the rules set by their respective governments) know more than anyone else, especially when the respective governments don't know what will happen post Brexit.

Nope... latest survey says 55% want a second referendum, to allow a better informed people to vote. You're back in Brexit fantasy island, it seems.
Brexiteers just sit looking at the clock ticking and cackle at the countdown to disaster. Labour just sit rubbing their hands as the govt try to deliver an undeliverable promise and no-one places the blame where it belongs. At the doorsteps of those who made the promises in the first place!
(edited 5 years ago)
Isn’t it funny how we’ve all accepted the fact the general public are stupid and shouldnt have been given a vote of this magnitude in the first place 🤣🤣 ... almost makes u think maybe we need to look into our education system
Original post by ByEeek
I'm surprised the heads of the Ports of Dover and Calais (who follow the rules set by their respective governments) know more than anyone else, especially when the respective governments don't know what will happen post Brexit.

They know how their ports run, and how they can handle any given situation, it's kinda their job.
Original post by Abstar1997
Isn’t it funny how we’ve all accepted the fact the general public are stupid and shouldnt have been given a vote of this magnitude in the first place 🤣🤣 ... almost makes u think maybe we need to look into our education system

Yes because a formal education is the only valid way to form opinions.
Original post by Vinny C
Nope... latest survey says 55% want a second referendum, to allow a better informed people to vote. You're back in Brexit fantasy island, it seems.
Brexiteers just sit looking at the clock ticking and cackle at the countdown to disaster. Labour just sit rubbing their hands as the govt try to deliver an undeliverable promise and no-one places the blame where it belongs. At the doorsteps of those who made the promises in the first place!

Link?

You made a lot of assumptions without really knowing anything about what I think re Brexit
Link?

You made a lot of assumptions without really knowing anything about what I think re Brexit

Them "know everythings" think they have control over what the "know nothings" know. Like the rotherham cover-up. If they've never been through it, it doesn't bother them. So much for harping on about diversity and their use of isms to shut the debate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending