The Student Room Group

Can I study psychology a level if I failed it at gcse

Hi so I am in year 12 but I am redoing it and I want to study psychology at uni but I got a D in gcse and I got a D is additional sience and was wondering if I would still be able to study it at uni without doing the a level and not having done well at gcse or if I should resist psychology and do psychology a level once my own time as I cannot do it in college
Original post by Abbiiiiee
Hi so I am in year 12 but I am redoing it and I want to study psychology at uni but I got a D in gcse and I got a D is additional sience and was wondering if I would still be able to study it at uni without doing the a level and not having done well at gcse or if I should resist psychology and do psychology a level once my own time as I cannot do it in college

You would need to talk to the unis. They need to believe that you will be able to cope with the course, and psychology at uni is very science based. If for example you had extenuating circumstances this would likely be fine, you would need to persuade them. I'd imagine self studying the A level might be your best route, but don't do it to the detriment of your other subjects and if you're going to do it, start now. You would need somewhere prepared to enter you for your exams too, and you obviously would have to pay.

Quick Reply

Latest