AQA EPQ Science-Related Dissertation Examples

Watch this thread
mansoor-123
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey,
Just struggling to find any viable projects done by former EPQ students. I'm looking to base mine around the medical field but anything science related (preferably biology) would do just fine.

I need to start my production log so that and then a full dissertation would be awesome to have a look at
physicsstudent31
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I’m also in the same position, finding it difficult to think of a subject to talk about! Have you had any ideas at all?
mansoor-123
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by physicsstudent31)
I’m also in the same position, finding it difficult to think of a subject to talk about! Have you had any ideas at all?
I know it’s so frustrating. It’ll be such a relief once I’ve actually picked something. Mine are all medicine-biology related.

1) Controversial Medical Treatments - ECT, Craniotomy/Trepanation & Weight Loss Surgery
2) Medical Uses for Recreational Drugs - Medicinal Cannabis, Psilocybin & Methamphetamine
3) NHS Crisis - Privatisation, Junior Doctor Contracts & NHS Budget Cuts
4) The Race of Superhumans - Crispr-Cas9, Designer Babies via IVF & Ethics about Genome Editing
5) Childhood Vaccination Crisis - Fall in MMR Vaccination Number due to Safety Concerns
6) Nanotechnology in Medicine (Nanomedicine) - Use of Nanoparticles for repairs at cellular levels

Hope this helps
physicsstudent31
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
They all sound amazing! I particularly like the nanotechnology idea, think that’s really good. Thankyou for sharing your ideas! A lot of people say to do “To what extent......” and then say you’re idea as if it was an argument? It depends on what time of structure of writing you’re going for with your EPQ.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads