sofiy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Well i will start talking a bit of my self ..
I just transfered from Italy, i have been in Ingland for holidays as my family live here from two years.

This is my gap year and i want to apply for next year in The university of Liverpool.
Im considerating a foundation year course in Dentistry or Pharmacy, if i take my IELTS would be difficult enter in them? How are the lessons planned? And how are exams?
Its possible to find a partime job to pay a student room?
How is your student budget if you work and study and how much do you use for rent, food and everything?

A lot of questions i know. Thank you in advance if you help me.
Sofia
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Aana12
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not sure how a foundation year works, but you can get a part time job however i think that that would be difficult to do whilst in uni and doing either dentistry or pharmacy because they are not part time courses. MAybe start working now so that you can save up?

Well for accomodation youll need between £4000 and £8500 whcih kinda depends on the accomodation you get. If you get a studio youll be spending £8000 a year...if a normal non-ensuite room, probably around £4000 per year. Food depends because i get food sent from my parents and/or ill buy food occasionally...so a lot of my money doesnt go on food. This might not be that helpful but i hope it gave you some idea of UoL expenses. Also youll need money for travel too. This kinda depends on your accomodation too. I live 20mins away by bus so paid for an annual bus pass costing me £325 which i can use anytime between september and may/june i think.If you live closer, then you wont need to spend money on travel, becuase youll just have to walk it/bike it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (10)
19.23%
I'm not sure (2)
3.85%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (15)
28.85%
I have already dropped out (2)
3.85%
I'm not a current university student (23)
44.23%

Watched Threads