The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

De Montfort University Game Art (2019-2020)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Sorry everyone, I diddnt get in.. got moved onto the Visual Effects course so lol.. anyway good luck to the rest of you with this course and if anyone else gets moved to that course let me know because I dont know what to do anymore lol my life kinda is screwed as I wanted to be a level artist.. no more..
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Lbanksy
Sorry everyone, I diddnt get in.. got moved onto the Visual Effects course so lol.. anyway good luck to the rest of you with this course and if anyone else gets moved to that course let me know because I dont know what to do anymore lol my life kinda is screwed as I wanted to be a level artist.. no more..

I'm so sorry to hear that. Was the interview hard?
Original post by Lbanksy
No, not at all to be fair I did quite well, I thought I had a good portfolio that showed digital and traditional skills but from what I gathered they diddnt care if you could use a computer, you needed a lot of drawings - a lot of life drawings and I diddnt have many.. but oh well they missed out on my talent

Lol YAS, hold your head up high, just cause you've been moved from a different course doesn't mean you can't do the things you want, they have a great drawing center there for those who want to improve. If you go to those and transfer the skills you'd get in the visual effects course onto what you wanna do. You'll do great! Plus I'm sure you can still join the game jams as far as I know
Oh, fair enough. My bad xD
Aaaaaa!! Today's the day of my interview!!! So nervous but excited! Hope it goes well
Reply 65
That's bad news man, but you can maybe take a foundation year somewhere and try again in a year. If anyone was at the interview today, I was the short fat one dying of a cold!
Oh cool, I was the purple haired girl asking all the questions xD (sorry)
Reply 67
How'd the interview go guys? What was it like there?? :0
Original post by Eitsu
How'd the interview go guys? What was it like there?? :0

Twas awesome, I think I did really well... The staff and students were all really nice and welcoming and the facilities are amazing as always ~
Reply 69
Just got an offer for Game Art! Time to knuckle down for those A levels, I can suffer through Shakespeare and 15th century poetry for a few more months
Original post by mmiskelly
Just got an offer for Game Art! Time to knuckle down for those A levels, I can suffer through Shakespeare and 15th century poetry for a few more months

Same here, got an unconditional, but gotta work my ass off otherwise my mum will kill me XD (gotta get that A in Psychology too)
Reply 71
Original post by AllyIllusionist
Same here, got an unconditional, but gotta work my ass off otherwise my mum will kill me XD (gotta get that A in Psychology too)

Did it say in your email that it was unconditional or was it on your UCAS track? I just assumed mine was conditional and my. UCAS hasn't been updated yet :tongue:
Did it say in your email that it was unconditional or was it on your UCAS track? I just assumed mine was conditional and my. UCAS hasn't been updated yet :tongue:

In the email it didn't say it was, on ucas it did, I almost had a heart attack when it said "condition to grades met" cause I've been in the hospital and missed weeks of school so I'm so behind and my predicted grades probably lowered ;m;
Reply 73
In the email it didn't say it was, on ucas it did, I almost had a heart attack when it said "condition to grades met" cause I've been in the hospital and missed weeks of school so I'm so behind and my predicted grades probably lowered ;m;

Still waiting for my UCAS track to update, so idk if I got an unconditional or not and the anticipation is kinda killing me worse than waiting for the actual offer. Im not expecting it to be unconditional but if it was I would love to be able to gloat to all my A-Level Art Class after they've been mocking me for talking about and generally obsessing over my portfolio for 2 months straight.
Still waiting for my UCAS track to update, so idk if I got an unconditional or not and the anticipation is kinda killing me worse than waiting for the actual offer. Im not expecting it to be unconditional but if it was I would love to be able to gloat to all my A-Level Art Class after they've been mocking me for talking about and generally obsessing over my portfolio for 2 months straight.

Lol that's a massive mood, how did your interview go? Did the interviewees seem impressed?
Reply 75
Lol that's a massive mood, how did your interview go? Did the interviewees seem impressed?

I guess. I mentioned DnD and they both started nodding furiously and going "Yeah" and writing :tongue:

Havent really got anything to compare it to, but I felt it went pretty great. Alot of the little boxes had writing in them, idk if that was a particularly good thing.

And the Drawing test went pretty good too, wasnt too happy with the proportions of the tea pot, but I felt like I got most of it well done, even if I did nervously sweat buckets throughout it!
I guess. I mentioned DnD and they both started nodding furiously and going "Yeah" and writing :tongue:

Havent really got anything to compare it to, but I felt it went pretty great. Alot of the little boxes had writing in them, idk if that was a particularly good thing.

And the Drawing test went pretty good too, wasnt too happy with the proportions of the tea pot, but I felt like I got most of it well done, even if I did nervously sweat buckets throughout it!

You should be through then, I forgot one of the cups in the drawing exercise and had a minute to sketch it in so you should be okay xD
Reply 77
Glad yall got through your interviews!! I'm finally getting round to the digital portfolio so ahaha I'm a little late ;__;

I've put some other pieces on my portfolio, any more advice or critiques or anything would be really appreciated!!!

https://www.artstation.com/beaherrera
Hi everyone! I am currently doing my Foundation Art course at DMU and have got my offer for Game Art in September! I'm really excited and all of your portfolios look amazing. I look forward to meeting you all soon :smile:
Original post by jaebird
Glad yall got through your interviews!! I'm finally getting round to the digital portfolio so ahaha I'm a little late ;__;

I've put some other pieces on my portfolio, any more advice or critiques or anything would be really appreciated!!!

https://www.artstation.com/beaherrera

Your work is awesome! Your super talented at colour and realistic observation, I think you'll be just fine! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending