Purplebottle
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I know these kind of threads are annoying ahaha, but does anyone here take physics, maths and chemistry together for a level?
Is the workload a lot and is it really hard because so many people told me I won’t be able to cope since the subjects are so similar and hard.
Idk, what’s your opinion on these three subjects and how are you finding them?
ZdYnm8vuNR
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't do that exact combination, however, in my Further Maths class there's a lot who do Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry and they seem to be coping fine, even though the subjects are similar.
Interea
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I started off taking these 3 (and further maths and another), and I didn't find the workload to be an issue. I am now the only person in my maths set who doesn't do physics, and it actually seems like it helps them out a lot with the mechanics side of the course, as there is so much overlap. They are quite tricky A levels in themselves, but if you are finding them relatively easy at GCSE and can grasp the concepts in physics and chemistry well, there shouldn't be an issue.

It is a very common combination of subjects - this would not be the case if it was impossible to do well taking the three of them at the same time.
Shiv7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Purplebottle)
I know these kind of threads are annoying ahaha, but does anyone here take physics, maths and chemistry together for a level?
Is the workload a lot and is it really hard because so many people told me I won’t be able to cope since the subjects are so similar and hard.
Idk, what’s your opinion on these three subjects and how are you finding them?
I took Mathematics, Economics, Physics, Chemistry and Further Mathematics in Y12. I dropped the Chemistry at the end of the year because I only wanted to do 4 this year. Personally I'd say the workload isn't too much, especially given you're only doing 3 subjects. As someone said if you do Mathematics, it'll help your Physics so much. Chemistry is just more about learning the basics and then focusing on the application, something which isn't too hard to be honest. I'd definitely take all 3 because it's a fairly strong subject combination and I would personally say it's not the hardest thing.
Hope this helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (227)
67.76%
No (108)
32.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed