The Student Room Group

Something of a Mid term crisis

I started doing law at Glasgow this September and I thought all was well. But recently I've been reconsidering my decisions; I met someone who was very good with a camera and we made a few films together and I really enjoyed it.. infact far more than I am law especially since ive really getting tired of all the reading.

I always thought law was the right career path for me as I wanted a job that could be potentially well paying and offered different types of work within the same field. I was and still am terrible at drawing so dismissed creative subjects as something that was not for me.

But ive realised I actually enjoy being creative. I like making films, designing clothes and bringing my ideas into reality and would like to take a subject that I can do this in a practical manner. But that being said, I'm terrible at drawing and actually want a degree that will help me get employed.

So has anyone got any thoughts: Degree suggestions, life suggestions anything really
Original post by Yenson
I started doing law at Glasgow this September and I thought all was well. But recently I've been reconsidering my decisions; I met someone who was very good with a camera and we made a few films together and I really enjoyed it.. infact far more than I am law especially since ive really getting tired of all the reading.

I always thought law was the right career path for me as I wanted a job that could be potentially well paying and offered different types of work within the same field. I was and still am terrible at drawing so dismissed creative subjects as something that was not for me.

But ive realised I actually enjoy being creative. I like making films, designing clothes and bringing my ideas into reality and would like to take a subject that I can do this in a practical manner. But that being said, I'm terrible at drawing and actually want a degree that will help me get employed.

So has anyone got any thoughts: Degree suggestions, life suggestions anything really

Carry on with your course, but go and see a careers adviser at the careers centre plus start looking at books which help you decide whats good for you.

Maybe also join photography society or anything thats creative and see how you like that.

If when you get to the end of the year or sooner you feel Law isnt for you and you want to take the creative plunge then you are allowed one gift year, so student finance will allow for a change of course one as long as its only 1 year in. That way you will be in a better position to know what you want and whether its worth it. Lot of law can be a grind or boring and studying is a lot different from practice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending