Access to other facilities in other department Watch

NCT_LUCAS
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
hi, I received an offer studying international hospitality and tourism management course. if I was to study this course at Surrey, can I also have access to other facilities in other departments? Such as piano practice rooms in the music department as practising piano is very important to me.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by NCT_LUCAS)
hi, I received an offer studying international hospitality and tourism management course. if I was to study this course at Surrey, can I also have access to other facilities in other departments? Such as piano practice rooms in the music department as practising piano is very important to me.
Only way is to ask them or contact one of the linked societies and ask students.
I have seen this question asked before and it can be difficult for students not studying music to use such resources as they are limited and they arent paying for them i.e its limited to music students.

It is up to the uni though and i expect it varies. Ask them.

https://www.surrey.ac.uk/sites/defau...s-brochure.pdf
University of Surrey
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by NCT_LUCAS)
Hi there,

The previous commenter has pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one. Unfortunately the Music department reserve the pianos and practice rooms for students of music only, as they are limited and must have priority. However if you were to get in touch with a club or society linked with music they may be able to help you further.

All the best

Harry

(societies page here: https://www.ussu.co.uk/getinvolved/sports-and-societies)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (293)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (283)
25.22%
No I don't (546)
48.66%

Watched Threads