FireonIce
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
ok so my target is a 7 but i have failed for 2 years and gotten 2s and 3s. I know I can do better then this but the question is how? how do you guys revise? My mock is tommorow and i cant mess this up! i often struggle with remembering quotes and how to get this info stuck in my brain, whn i forget it in the assessment and with only 25 minutes to get 27 marks. which is basically a minute a mark and not even that! a level 7 is 20 marks so how would you calm yourself down in assessments, and not make myself panic?
Mxf.e
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do edexcel rs and the key is honestly exam structure.
Mxf.e
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What religions do you do?
FireonIce
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Mxf.e;80547932]What religions do you do?[/QUOTE
sikhism and christianity]
FireonIce
Rep:
?
My mock is in 20 minutes
FireonIce
Rep:
?
:eek:
elsiehxo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i have my RE mock tomorrow (we do christianity and islam but the mock is only Christianity) and right now i'm getting 2s and 3s in RE but my predicted grade is a 9??? also i'm really bad with quotes so if someone could help that would be really helpful also fireonice i hope your mock went well!
Mxf.e
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry for the late reply. Hope your mock went well.
I do Christianity and Islam and my mock is tomorrow
For quotes it’s not necessary to use a quote for our paper, instead we can use teachings e.g. This is supported by the quote/teaching..
I hope it’s the same for you.

If not. Per topic try and pick at least five- ten quotes that work for. Then memorises this whichever works best for you.

(Original post by elsiehxo)
also i'm really bad with quotes so if someone could help that would be really helpful also fireonice i hope your mock went well!
books+beverages
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Finding a couple of useful quotes, e.g. 'love thy neighbour' or the Parable of the Sheep and the Goats will really help. They're short enough that you can remember them and are easy to apply to exam questions, especially in the crime and punishment unit. For Sikhism, 'sewa' is a blessing. You can use it so much, alongside the 5 evils (definitely revise these!) because you can always link them to questions. Charities like St Giles Trust and Open Doors (Christian) are also practical examples you can use, but the main ways to improve your grade are exam technique and deeper analysis. Go further with your points! (E.g. if a question is about Sikhs living in a community (Sangat), they must do so to perform sewa and help others (give examples, e.g. langar). Then say why sewa is important. (This is for the 12 markers). Don't write too much for the four marker! Point, Explain, Point, Explain (do the same for the 5 mark question but add a quote!)
Hope your exams went well!
Mxf.e
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
^^ This reminds me of the structure for the 12 marker agree and disagree questions
Do it as if it was two 5 marks and then two makrs for the conclusions e.g. point, explain, point, explain, quote X2 then two sentences for the conclusion.
FireonIce
Rep:
?
thanks you all! awaiting my results i think i did bad
FireonIce
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
hi guys I completely forget about this so I'll update you
mock- went completely crap grade 2 also teachers put me in wrong room and I got really stressed out
real thing- level 7! quite proud of this despite everything 🙂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (85)
14.19%
I'm not sure (27)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (189)
31.55%
I have already dropped out (12)
2%
I'm not a current university student (286)
47.75%

Watched Threads