foundation degree and loans

Watch this thread
laurenh1313
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
If I study a foundation degree and get a loan for the tuition fees from student finance, will I then be able to get another loan the next year for tuition fees for a three year BA?
SFE Rebecca
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by laurenh1313)
If I study a foundation degree and get a loan for the tuition fees from student finance, will I then be able to get another loan the next year for tuition fees for a three year BA?

Hi,

As you are progressing onto a higher level qualification, then it will only be your previous study and new course information that will be considered. Can you answer the following questions and we will be able to confirm this for you.

• What was the ordinary duration of your previous course (Foundation degree)?
  • How long did it take you to complete the Foundation Degree?
  • Have you studied any courses prior to the Foundation Degree?
  • Will you be studying the full three years of your new course (BA)?

Thanks, Rebecca.
laurenh1313
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by SFE Rebecca)
Hi,

As you are progressing onto a higher level qualification, then it will only be your previous study and new course information that will be considered. Can you answer the following questions and we will be able to confirm this for you.

• What was the ordinary duration of your previous course (Foundation degree)?
  • How long did it take you to complete the Foundation Degree?
  • Have you studied any courses prior to the Foundation Degree?
  • Will you be studying the full three years of your new course (BA)?

Thanks, Rebecca.
The foundation course would be one year and I would do it in the one year. I am doing a btec level 3 right now and I would be studying the full three years after
SFE Rebecca
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by laurenh1313)
The foundation course would be one year and I would do it in the one year. I am doing a btec level 3 right now and I would be studying the full three years after

Hi,

Thanks for that – From the information you have provided, you would be eligible to receive support for both courses.

Thanks, Rebecca.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (68)
16.19%
The paper was reasonable (205)
48.81%
Not feeling great about that exam... (102)
24.29%
It was TERRIBLE (45)
10.71%

Watched Threads