Does this sound like an eating disorder? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I know you guys are not professionals I just want a none bias opinion. Recently I have been really down and anxious but I have also been off my food. I have been eating my dinner but I have been really fussy ( I used to like or try everything and was always hungry) but now I'm only eating my dinner and any will use any excuse to not for example if something has the smallest amount of grease on I won't eat it. But it isn't just a mental thing because whenever I eat anything I feel like I'm going to throw up but I don't know wether I'm just being stuid and just making things up. Does this sound familiar to anyone and what shall I do ? My mother isn't that approachable as she is a counselor and so for example takes 'notes' whenever I try to open up and stuff. Any advice ?
Last edited by Interrobang; 7 months ago
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Doesn't sound like anorexia as you want to eat but are struggling to do so. Sounds more like your anxiety is really affecting your appetite and making your nauseous... and over time that's probably building up a lot of anxiety and stress relating to food. I'm sorry your mum isn't helpful. Is there another family member you could talk to? I also would advise challenging the anxieties around food as it could lead to more of an eating disorder if you continue long term.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by doodle_333)
Doesn't sound like anorexia as you want to eat but are struggling to do so. Sounds more like your anxiety is really affecting your appetite and making your nauseous... and over time that's probably building up a lot of anxiety and stress relating to food. I'm sorry your mum isn't helpful. Is there another family member you could talk to? I also would advise challenging the anxieties around food as it could lead to more of an eating disorder if you continue long term.
Hiya, thank you so much for your opinion and I'm glad you have said that because it was making me more anxious thinking about it. I don't really have anyone to talk to other than a close friend but I will try my hardest to chalkchal it thank you again
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know you guys are not professionals I just want a none bias opinion. So I started self harming a couple a years ago and it is off and on but recently I have been really down and anxious but I have also been off my food. I have been eating my dinner but I have been really fussy ( I used to like or try everything and was always hungry) but now I'm only eating my dinner and any will use any excuse to not for example if something has the smallest amount of grease on I won't eat it. But it isn't just a mental thing because whenever I eat anything I feel like I'm going to throw up but I don't know wether I'm just being stuid and just making things up. Does this sound familiar to anyone and what shall I do ? My mother isn't that approachable as she is a counselor and so for example takes 'notes' whenever I try to open up and stuff. Any advice ?
Do you actually want to lose weight? And your mother sounds messed up, wtf do you mean she 'takes notes'?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ciel.)
Do you actually want to lose weight? And your mother sounds messed up, wtf do you mean she 'takes notes'?
No not really, every now and again I will think "I look fat" but that is something everyone does and ye so basically I was trying explain my anxiety and stuff and she started typing everything I said up on her laptop.
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
No not really, every now and again I will think "I look fat" but that is something everyone does and ye so basically I was trying explain my anxiety and stuff and she started typing everything I said up on her laptop.
Then it wouldn't really be classified as an eating disorder. Doesn't mean it's not an issue, though.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It could be avoidant and restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID). Sounds like anxiety is really impacting you though, I'd try and get some kind of professional help from someone (and try and limit your mum's involvement, it would be inappropriate for her to be involved with you in a professional sense anyway, she's too close to you).

https://www.beateatingdisorders.org....isorders/arfid < link about ARFID.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by Pathway)
It could be avoidant and restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID). Sounds like anxiety is really impacting you though, I'd try and get some kind of professional help from someone (and try and limit your mum's involvement, it would be inappropriate for her to be involved with you in a professional sense anyway, she's too close to you).

https://www.beateatingdisorders.org....isorders/arfid < link about ARFID.
Thank you so much for this it makes more sense than anorexia ect. I will try. Thank you again 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (284)
15.2%
The paper was reasonable (1037)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (404)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (143)
7.66%

Watched Threads