bethlouise25
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, i’m currently just started year 12 and need your help. i went through a lot of family drama in year 11 as well as being very ill and ended up messing up a load of my gcse grades which dropped loads from my predicted. The grades i got were:

English Language: 7
English Literature: 6
Maths: 5
Double Science: 5/5
History: 6
French: 5
Media Studies: AB
Textiles: B

I was dreaming of going to a russell group and i know for a fact my alevels won’t be anything like these grades so i just wanted to know if i messed up my chances and if anyone has any unis to look at because of this. thanks
ambiplasma
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tbh those grades are pretty decent anyway, the majority of russell group unis will be fine with them (if not all)
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
your gcse results are fine except for a few top rg unis. the one problem you could have is that depending on the subject you take you might need a b or 6 in maths
bethlouise25
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i take english literature, history, sociology and politics and want to do history at uni so nothing to do with maths???
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by bethlouise25)
i take english literature, history, sociology and politics and want to do history at uni so nothing to do with maths???
probably ok for history
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (71)
27.41%
No - I have already returned home (29)
11.2%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.85%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.81%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.73%

Watched Threads