The Student Room Group

Is it possible for me to improve my grades until year 13

I'm in year 12 and I wanna study comp-sci at imperial, Durham, Warwick and I are not sure about the other 2 choices. Right now I'm taking FM, Math, Comp Sci and my FM class is small, only 4 of us and we're good friends and they talk about how they haven't started revising yet. but since the start of October half term I've been revising pretty hard and I'm still very slow at understanding topics while for them it seems to be not too hard. How likely is it that by end of y13 I'd have the grades needed for those Russel group unis, I would give my predicted grades but I still don't even know them
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Well if you hammer further maths early on it will be okay. Once you go through the topics once or twice you don't tend to forget them. It's better to start early because otherwise you'll have to start prioritising one subject over the other. I started revision late for it and so it became very hard and so I stopped revising chemistry to fix my further maths problems.Hope this helps.
Reply 2
Original post by ali2308
Well if you hammer further maths early on it will be okay. Once you go through the topics once or twice you don't tend to forget them. It's better to start early because otherwise you'll have to start prioritising one subject over the other. I started revision late for it and so it became very hard and so I stopped revising chemistry to fix my further maths problems.Hope this helps.

Yeah thats what i've done, since october half term I've been trying to revise hard the topics, but Im still very slow with topics, much slower compared to my peers
Reply 3
Original post by disgust
Yeah thats what i've done, since october half term I've been trying to revise hard the topics, but Im still very slow with topics, much slower compared to my peers

Yeah same in my class. We have 6 people including me and from the start of year 12 it just went downhill as soon as I started core pure . Once I went through it on my own a couple of times it was fine and I literally had to do all the questions in all of the textbooks to prepare for the AS
Original post by disgust

Don’t worry, you still have enough time to improve your grades. Stop comparing yourself to others and start improving your weaknesses, systematically. If you don’t get something in class - go home and do research on that particular topic and so on..

Quick Reply

Latest