Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello guyssss, I sent my application off for OBU like a month ago (i know it can take ages to receive and offer) but I was just wondering if anyone had got one yet (or a rejection) for 2019 entry? if so what courses??

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for applying to Brookes!

Although I can't give you a definitive answer of when you'll hear back I thought I could link you to some useful pages
    Here's our 'application timeline': https://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying-a...-applications/
    And here is our 'After You Apply' page: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying-a...ter-you-apply/

Hopefully these pages are helpful to you and give you some reassurance.

If you need anymore help please don't hesitate to ask us, we'll be more than happy to hep.

All the best,
    Catrin
    Student Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I sent my UCAS off on the 19th of October and got a reply on the 6th of November from OBU... it'll all depend on the amount of people sending off applications and the amount of people sending it off for the course ou're doing as well. Don't worry about it, some reply faster than others and aren't anything to do with you personally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollz_molly)
    Hiya, I sent my UCAS off on the 19th of October and got a reply on the 6th of November from OBU... it'll all depend on the amount of people sending off applications and the amount of people sending it off for the course ou're doing as well. Don't worry about it, some reply faster than others and aren't anything to do with you personally
    Thank you! I got my offer on Friday:! A conditional. They told me they don’t give out unconditionals anymore for majority of courses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatAUsername)
    Thank you! I got my offer on Friday:! A conditional. They told me they don’t give out unconditionals anymore for majority of courses
    Ay that's great! What course have you applied for? And did you get that thing where they lower your offer if you make it your firm choice?

ReputationRep:
    Ay that's great! What course have you applied for? And did you get that thing where they lower your offer if you make it your firm choice?
    I applied for psychology and yeah, 112 ucas if I firm them! what about you?

ReputationRep:
    Psychology sounds cool! It's always nice to have a lowered chance lol, at this point I'm depending on them. And I've applied for Nutrition, it's 112 UCAS points but 104 if it's my firm choice

ReputationRep:
    Psychology sounds cool! It's always nice to have a lowered chance lol, at this point I'm depending on them. And I've applied for Nutrition, it's 112 UCAS points but 104 if it's my firm choice
    Omg my friend applied for nutrition at OBU and got the same offer! Although I think she’s firming Harper-Adams University as they gave her an unconditional x

ReputationRep:
    I applied for accounting and finance at OBU, sent off the application on the 22nd November and they emailed me on the 23rd November to say they'd made their decision and the offer came through on UCAS on Sunday 25th November. Very quick to respond to my application which I was super excited about. I'm deciding between OBU, Canterbury Christ Church University (unconditional if I firm) and Hertfordshire.

(I got offer from Anglia Ruskin and Bedfordshire as well but I don't know if I'll attend them as my sister had a bad experience at Anglia Ruskin with tutors not showing up and tutors leaving so everything getting muddled etc).

My offer is 104 UCAS points for OBU and that's without firming. I'm predicted CCC with B in EPQ.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatAUsername)
    Hello guyssss, I sent my application off for OBU like a month ago (i know it can take ages to receive and offer) but I was just wondering if anyone had got one yet (or a rejection) for 2019 entry? if so what courses??
    Hiya! I’m studying Primary Education next year, and have received an interview from Brookes. Just waiting to do it, then hopefully hear a decision!
    What are you looking to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soup001)
    I applied for accounting and finance at OBU, sent off the application on the 22nd November and they emailed me on the 23rd November to say they'd made their decision and the offer came through on UCAS on Sunday 25th November. Very quick to respond to my application which I was super excited about. I'm deciding between OBU, Canterbury Christ Church University (unconditional if I firm) and Hertfordshire.

(I got offer from Anglia Ruskin and Bedfordshire as well but I don't know if I'll attend them as my sister had a bad experience at Anglia Ruskin with tutors not showing up and tutors leaving so everything getting muddled etc).

My offer is 104 UCAS points for OBU and that's without firming. I'm predicted CCC with B in EPQ.
    Oh wow! Shame your sister didn’t have a good experience hopefully that’s not the same with you! I got two unconditionals from Worcester and Gloucestershire but I think I’ll still firm OBU as I love the idea of living in oxford lmao. And I like the new style University. And I’m sure you’ll be able to get 104! I wish you the best luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_lovelylulu_x)
    Hiya! I’m studying Primary Education next year, and have received an interview from Brookes. Just waiting to do it, then hopefully hear a decision!
    What are you looking to do?
    I’m hoping to do psychology (thankfully there is no interview haha) I’m sure you’ll be fine though, everyoneat OBU seemed extremely friendly when I went for the open day

ReputationRep:
    I got my conditional offer for Criminology and History 😬 so happy. It’s my first choice. Have to wait until Feb for applicant day though 😫😂
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missyp2404)
    I got my conditional offer for Criminology and History 😬 so happy. It’s my first choice. Have to wait until Feb for applicant day though 😫😂
    Yay! Have you started looking at accommodation yet if it’s your firm?? Where you thinking?

ReputationRep:
    I still have one uni I’m waiting for a reply/offer for then will firm my choice.
    I’ll be commuting as I have a son
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 1, 2018
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.