dksosnco
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I go to a grammar school in Birmingham, I got a fixed term five day exclusion from sixth form in y13. I was wondering, is this going to jeapordise my application to universities and UCAS? I am a decent student usually and am on course to be predicted AAB and apply to some really good universities.Thanks
3pointonefour
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you don't mind me asking what was it for?
dksosnco
Rep:
?
(Original post by 3pointonefour)
If you don't mind me asking what was it for?
Letting off a stink bomb on the schools open evening;
ignorewhatisay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
savage af ^

mind if I ask if it was any of the KE schools?
CTLeafez
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your referees could potentially mention it in your UCAS reference... 'Goodbye first-rate education, hello University of Lincoln.'

Why exactly were you excluded? The exact reasoning may make it more/less likely to be mentioned. Although if you do want to go to a decent uni and you're evidently intelligent enough (AAB), stop doing stuff which is gonna get you excluded in the first place!
Last edited by CTLeafez; 2 years ago
dksosnco
Rep:
?
(Original post by ignorewhatisay)
savage af ^

mind if I ask if it was any of the KE schools?
yes it was
3pointonefour
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dksosnco)
Letting off a stink bomb on the schools open evening;
Ouch. You better hope whoever your referee is doesn't add that in. If you're a "model student" otherwise it may be ok.
ignorewhatisay
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yes it was
ooh which one. i'm hoping to apply to all except KE aston
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
I thought this was what 7 -10 year olds did?
Sixth form and you are still messing with stink bombs?

How did they catch you?
What did parents say?
Hope you are using the 5 days to improve your recipe or buy new ones?

Nope you will be fine I wouldnt worry. You will get a bigger penalty next time.
dksosnco
Rep:
?
(Original post by 3pointonefour)
Ouch. You better hope whoever your referee is doesn't add that in. If you're a "model student" otherwise it may be ok.

My head of sixth form is my referee for my application, we are on decent terms tbf at the moment.
dksosnco
Rep:
?
ooh which one. i'm hoping to apply to all except KE aston
Sorry not going to disclose the name, but it was not KEVI Aston
3pointonefour
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My head of sixth form is my referee for my application, we are on decent terms tbf at the moment.
Even after you set off a stinkbomb in an open evening? Sheesh they seem like a cool person
dksosnco
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
I thought this was what 7 -10 year olds did?
Sixth form and you are still messing with stink bombs?

How did they catch you?
What did parents say?
Hope you are using the 5 days to improve your recipe or buy new ones?

Nope you will be fine I wouldnt worry. You will get a bigger penalty next time.

A) my bad calling it a stink bomb. It was a smelly spray no smoke but nonetheless the smell was bad, no denying that. It was stupid I don't deny that and yes It was childish Ik and I do regret it.
B) parents are really angry, understandably so
C) I have a reintegration meeting coming up with sixth form and my parents
D) I'm on decent terms with the referee/head of sixth form

I was just thinking whether it will be readily available to see and just ruin my chances of doing a good course e.g law, English with high predicted grades I've got already.
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i cannot see it will cause you problems. Schools make great play on their students getting into top universities as it looks good for them. Highly unlikely they will do anything to prevent you doing well as this backfires on them
ignorewhatisay
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sorry not going to disclose the name, but it was not KEVI Aston
oh, ok. i just wanted to know how the sixth form is. mind if you tell me about it in PM?

also to your question, it would be on your record and when you're applying to university I think they would see it.
Jessania
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CTLeafez)
Your referees could potentially mention it in your UCAS reference... 'Goodbye first-rate education, hello University of Lincoln.'
😂😂😂😂😂😂
dksosnco
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
i cannot see it will cause you problems. Schools make great play on their students getting into top universities as it looks good for them. Highly unlikely they will do anything to prevent you doing well as this backfires on them
Okay cool, it goes on my current school behaviour record. I a man not bothered about that, just the long term which I hear from you guys should be okay as my referee/head of sixth form or head teacher will probably try and back my case long term no matter how angry they were with me when excluding me
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
A) my bad calling it a stink bomb. It was a smelly spray no smoke but nonetheless the smell was bad, no denying that. It was stupid I don't deny that and yes It was childish Ik and I do regret it.
B) parents are really angry, understandably so
C) I have a reintegration meeting coming up with sixth form and my parents
D) I'm on decent terms with the referee/head of sixth form

I was just thinking whether it will be readily available to see and just ruin my chances of doing a good course e.g law, English with high predicted grades I've got already.
Wont affect you, just get the grades.
Youd need to be a repeat offender and even then referees are told to keep oy positive, I wouldn't worry.
Am only pointing out the age thing because it surprised me a sixth former would think that was a good idea.
999tigger
Report 2 years ago
oh, ok. i just wanted to know how the sixth form is. mind if you tell me about it in PM?

also to your question, it would be on your record and when you're applying to university I think they would see it.
I dont believe they would. Sounds like you are just trying to scare the OP.
dksosnco
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
I dont believe they would. Sounds like you are just trying to scare the OP.
Thank you and btw anyone wondering why I'm still on good terms with my head of sixth form he is my a level geography teacher and is predicting me an A as I'm a good student in his class.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (726)
33.81%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (920)
42.85%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (407)
18.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (94)
4.38%

Watched Threads