Sean2202
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm currently doing 4 A Levels: biology, chemistry, mathematics and German and they're going okay at the moment but I feel like I should drop one of them (I want to study medicine at university and I only need 3 a levels). I would have to drop either German or Mathematics (universities don't care about the third option as long as I have chemistry and biology) and I really need help deciding which one to drop so could anyone (preferable with experience doing German or Maths or both at A Level) help me decide?
Last edited by Sean2202; 2 years ago
Shiv7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sean2202)
I'm currently doing 4 A Levels: biology, chemistry, mathematics and German and they're going okay at the moment but I feel like I should drop one of them (I want to study medicine at university and I only need 3 a levels). I would have to drop either German or Mathematics and I really need help deciding which one to drop so could anyone (preferable with experience doing German or Maths or both at A Level) help me decide?
Drop the German. Mathematics, Biology and Chemistry is a very strong subject combination especially so for medicine. You'll be giving your application a much stronger base.
Hope this helps.
Mr.noname
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Drop German, the other three are a strong set of a levels for medicine as mentioned above.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Like has already been said- if your gonna drop one id drop german. Out of the 4 that ones the least relevant for things like medicine.
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why don't you want to do 4? Its absolutely not needed and probably not recommended, and a medicine application in itself is a lot of work that you have still to come, but if you're doing ok its not compulsory.

I am very pro doing languages in school - it is such a useful life skill and its much much harder to try to pick it up later in life. However, maths will a) to a small extent help with chemistry b) to a small extent help with the BMAT, if you sit it c) is a very very useful A-level if you change your mind and decide you don't want to do medicine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
6.06%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (6)
18.18%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
12.12%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
9.09%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
33.33%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (7)
21.21%

Watched Threads