The Student Room Group

The Official Oxford Interviews and Decisions Thread 2019

Poll

Do you have an interview? (only respond once invited/rejected)

This is for chat about your application, interviews and offer decisions.
Please also contribute to the 2019 Decisions (No Discussion) Thread! :smile:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5748910

Check out the Oxford interview tracker!
Add yourself here:: https://goo.gl/forms/lmMy6x3USQn8rTRK2

Check this to see all the interviews: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

---

Hi! Now admissions tests are done and the deadline for written work has passed, the wait begins for interview invitations. Feel free to introduce yourself, including what course you've applied for and which college, and how you feel your admissions test went. Also please post when you hear from Oxford/UCAS regarding interviews!! Good luck to everyone applying :smile: I'll start. i've applied to Univ to study History. I think the HAT went okay, it could have been better but i didn't come out feeling as though i'd ruined my chances.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Heya,
I'm Gabi and I've applied to Keble to study English lit. I thought the ELAT went pretty well, although I think there will def be better out there but hey what's done is done :wink:
I'm pretty sure last year English applicants got their interviews on Dec 26th so I'm getting really impatient to find out...
Hey, I’ve applied to Univ too, but to study Biochem. I’m really hoping to hear back soon as I didn’t have to send in written work or do a test but who knows!! Fingers crossed though :smile:
Hey everyone,

I'm just quoting you into this thread for Oxford Interview discussion 2019 so you everyone finds it. Hope your applications are going well and if there's anything you need in terms of finding threads or anything let me know and I can help point you in the right direction :hat2:

Puddles

Spoiler

Hiya, I’m Jack. I’ve applied for History at St Hugh’s. I feel the HAT test went pretty well, although it’s hard to say.
Reply 5
Hello! Ive applied to trinity college to study Economics. Please let me know if you have heard about interview offers being given for economics!
Reply 6
Hello Everyone! I’ve applied to Mansfield for Maths and I felt the Admissions Test went poorly for me, I think I either got average or a few marks below average, but we’ll see. I’m hoping other parts of my application help me through. Good luck to everyone with their decisions!!! :smile:
Hi! I've applied for PPE at Wadham and I felt that the TSA went quite well!! I'm anxiously waiting on any email from Oxford.
Reply 8
Hi
I applied for Biology at Christ Church and received my interview invite last Wednesday.
I was very surprised to hear so soon and am looking forward to hearing of others getting their invites! :smile:
Original post by AO180
Hi
I applied for Biology at Christ Church and received my interview invite last Wednesday.
I was very surprised to hear so soon and am looking forward to hearing of others getting their invites! :smile:

Well done! I have applied to Biology at St Hilda's but haven't heard back yet
Reply 10
Original post by AO180
Hi

Hi, and well done:-) was it just CC you heard about? Just wondering how the second college interview works..
Reply 11
https://www.sjc.ox.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/applications/applicants-news/

St John's updates their undergrad applications page with dates that they have sent out interviews. Very helpful. They've sent out Fine Art, Music and Bio so far!
Reply 12
I have a concert that starts an hour before my interview would so I have to say, I might not be able to come, and its awkward lol
Reply 13
Original post by PiIPE
I have a concert that starts an hour before my interview would so I have to say, I might not be able to come, and its awkward lol

Concert, interview.. hmm tough decision
Reply 14
Original post by Hjc2019
Concert, interview.. hmm tough decision

Hahahaha, I'm singing in it...
Please can someone divulge on when St Hilda's will send out invites to Biology? Does anyone have any idea? I'm going mad
Reply 16
Original post by PiIPE
Hahahaha, I'm singing in it...

Still not a tough decision for me.. I can’t sing:-)
Reply 17
Original post by Hjc2019
Still not a tough decision for me.. I can’t sing:-)

Hahahaha :biggrin: No, I have priorities lmao
Hiya everyone!

I'm applying for Geography at Christ Church- super nervous for interviews because I'm naturally a paranoid person, and I wish good luck to everyone!
Reply 19
Original post by PiIPE
Hahahaha :biggrin: No, I have priorities lmao

Unless a university place rested on the concert I think I’d prioritise the interview, even if I could sing🤔

Quick Reply

Latest