The Student Room Group

The Official Oxford Interviews and Decisions Thread 2019

Scroll to see replies

Applied for Fine Art at Worcester, anyone heard anything yet??
I'm applying for Philosophy and German and German at Brasenose and am expecting to have to wait QUITE a while to hear about interviews. I've gone into this whole application process not expecting anything to come of it at all, but it would be tough not to get an interview I must admit.

Any other international/EU applicants booking flights before they hear back? I'm unsure whether to book!
Original post by pianoboeplayer
I'm applying for Philosophy and German and German at Brasenose and am expecting to have to wait QUITE a while to hear about interviews. I've gone into this whole application process not expecting anything to come of it at all, but it would be tough not to get an interview I must admit.

Any other international/EU applicants booking flights before they hear back? I'm unsure whether to book!

I decided not to until I hear from my college, the tickets may be expensive then but I don't want to risk
Original post by heyhaney
I decided not to until I hear from my college, the tickets may be expensive then but I don't want to risk

What are you applying for?
Original post by heyhaney

Yeah, I get that! What are you applying for?
For people who said no, they've been rejected, do Oxford tell you why?
Another apprehensive PPEist here!
Reply 67
Original post by FastLink
Another apprehensive PPEist here!

Where are you applying?
Original post by extremecat
For people who said no, they've been rejected, do Oxford tell you why?

if u dont get an interview --> rejection
Reply 69
Considering I've only seen 1 person who has said they've been rejected but a number of "nos" in the poll, I wonder if people have voted no in the poll because they haven't heard yet, not because they've been rejected.
Reply 70
Original post by jarratel
I have done it!

Form: https://goo.gl/forms/lmMy6x3USQn8rTRK2
Spreadsheet of responses: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sY7GLZMxRRwyn7DbuaFiCX8MRRjeXwK4aZOMFDiBdrI/edit?usp=sharing

@Capricornzip would you please put on the first post so everyone can find it? :smile:

Just reminding those with invites of this spreadsheet.
Original post by pianoboeplayer
Yeah, I get that! What are you applying for?

History of Art!
Reply 72
Anyone else preparing for interview and how are you preparing?
Original post by leoc900
Anyone else preparing for interview and how are you preparing?

Yeah I’m preparing despite not knowing. In terms of prep, it depends on your subject. Im just rereading all my books atm
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Janeb120
Hi! I've applied for French and Italian at Worcester. I thought the MLAT went okay apart from the fact that I didn't finish it..
Hope everyone secures an interview!!!:smile:

Neither did I :/, did you do the LAT?
Original post by Capricornzip
Hi! Now admissions tests are done and the deadline for written work has passed, the wait begins for interview invitations. Feel free to introduce yourself, including what course you've applied for and which college, and how you feel your admissions test went. Also please post when you hear from Oxford/UCAS regarding interviews!! Good luck to everyone applying :smile: I'll start. My names Miranda and i've applied to Univ to study History. I think the HAT went okay, it could have been better but i didn't come out feeling as though i'd ruined my chances.

Hi my name is Jamie. I am applying to Univ as well for History and Politics. HAT was boke. Lacked insight and breadth of answer. Although for an interview you really only have to be in the top half of applicants which if you think you have a chance you have to be confident of. You know you’re stressing when you vent your emotions on the Student Room
Original post by Sophiaa_11
Neither did I :/, did you do the LAT?

Yes and although it wasn’t that bad I felt like my answers weren’t accurate as I was speeding through the questions and couldn’t check them
Reply 77
Original post by donuthole
hi !!

i applied for exp. psychology @ wadham, ngl my tsa experience was yikes and not feeling optimistic but who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ anyone else applying for psych?

best of luck to all !

Holy sh*t, I applied to ep at wadham too!!
I've barely even seen ppl applying for the subject let alone for the same college.
Original post by Ibi6
Holy sh*t, I applied to ep at wadham too!!
I've barely even seen ppl applying for the subject let alone for the same college.

I'm applying for biology at wadham but I've literally seen no one applying for wadham on this page
Original post by Thomas_Grimes_17
Hi! I applied to Biochem at St. John’s, just got my interview dates today (2nd to 4th December)

Do they tell your your timetable and stuff?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending