The Student Room Group

Can I give £100 in 50p coins for christmas?

6 months ago I had a really bad migraine and I was in my room trying to sleep it off and my brother was in his room next door doing his music homework (drums) really loudly and I half yelled half pleaded with no intention of actually doing it "Joe I literally will give you £50 if you just. shut. up." and he heard and said "deal" and stopped drumming.
Since then he has been nagging me for his fifty quid. I have enough money to give him this £50, which should also save me the trouble of/make up for me not getting him a birthday or Christmas present this year.
Another day, when my bad knee was playing up and I couldn't walk to the shops before they closed, I asked my sister to get some stuff for me. It came to a little over £50. I promised I'd pay her back, and she wants it in cash for some reason. I think she just prefers it. No clue why. I won't see her until Christmas but she's also nagging about it.
However, they have both been really annoying about it. Like, really really annoying.
Is it possible to go to the bank or something and ask for £100 in 50p coins?
*Leslie from Parks & Rec voice* "it's not illegal, but it is a really d*ck move"
Reply 1
Yeah that's fine. So long as you have £100 in the first place.
pay your sister back but not your brother, your brothers a bit of a prick if he's forcing you to pay :/
You can.

In terms of your brother though, I wouldn't bother paying him back (and if I were him I wouldn't be asking for the money back as you needed him to stop playing the drums- it's only what a decent sibling would've done). Find it weird that he is persistently asking you for it
Reply 4
Original post by CinnamonSmol
pay your sister back but not your brother, your brothers a bit of a prick if he's forcing you to pay :/

He's like 12. I expect him to be a bit of a prick at that age. And sister is being really annoying about it, especially considering I only asked her to spend like £25.

Original post by katf
Yeah that's fine. So long as you have £100 in the first place.

Will the bank actually do it or do I need to start saving 50p pieces now?
Reply 5
Original post by AzureCeleste
You can.

In terms of your brother though, I wouldn't bother paying him back (and if I were him I wouldn't be asking for the money back as you needed him to stop playing the drums- it's only what a decent sibling would've done). Find it weird that he is persistently asking you for it

It's more about teaching him a lesson at this stage tbh. Not only is he going to get like 100 50p coins in his stocking but he's going to have a helluva time spending them, especially since he does most of his shoping online. i'm debating switching it to 20p just to make sure he really gets the message.
Original post by Anonymous
It's more about teaching him a lesson at this stage tbh. Not only is he going to get like 100 50p coins in his stocking but he's going to have a helluva time spending them, especially since he does most of his shoping online. i'm debating switching it to 20p just to make sure he really gets the message.

I wouldn't be complaining if I was your brother though as I'd still have received the money and I doubt he'll have learnt a lesson as he is still getting the money.
Just say no, he's 12, he shouldn't be that persistent about it anyway
chocolate coins would be much more Christmassy :h:

https://www.keepitsweet.co.uk/images/Chocolate-Coin-50p.gif
6 months ago I had a really bad migraine and I was in my room trying to sleep it off and my brother was in his room next door doing his music homework (drums) really loudly and I half yelled half pleaded with no intention of actually doing it "Joe I literally will give you £50 if you just. shut. up." and he heard and said "deal" and stopped drumming.
Since then he has been nagging me for his fifty quid. I have enough money to give him this £50, which should also save me the trouble of/make up for me not getting him a birthday or Christmas present this year.
Another day, when my bad knee was playing up and I couldn't walk to the shops before they closed, I asked my sister to get some stuff for me. It came to a little over £50. I promised I'd pay her back, and she wants it in cash for some reason. I think she just prefers it. No clue why. I won't see her until Christmas but she's also nagging about it.
However, they have both been really annoying about it. Like, really really annoying.
Is it possible to go to the bank or something and ask for £100 in 50p coins?
*Leslie from Parks & Rec voice* "it's not illegal, but it is a really d*ck move"

Pay them in pennies instead? :mmm:
Reply 9
Original post by Pseudo Intellect
Pay them in pennies instead? :mmm:

Will I have to carry them from the bank myself because IDK if I could do it

Unfortunately you would.

This is a pretty bad prank or whatever you might call it, the joke would be on you for going through the extra effort of getting the 50p coins.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending