The Student Room Group

I am shy and akward around guys.

When a guy talks to me I will get really shy and my voice becomes low. I don't have any guy friends. My male classmates stare at me if I am walking next to them or talking to other girls. if they need something they rather ask any other girl in the room.

How can i stop being shy around men?
Look outside, accept yourself, be happy within yourself.

Be at peace with yourself, believe you are worthy and have a lot to offer.

You can make eye contact with them. Don't look for approval.

Don't feel sorry for yourself, don't be hard on yourself. You can exercise, learn a skill, achieve, do something that makes you proud.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Analyst89

As for the voice it's down to your lack of confidence, don't feel sorry for yourself, don't be hard on yourself. You can exercise, learn a skill, achieve, do something that makes you proud.

I dont have any self esteem issues. i can stand in front of hundreds of people and speak. i only get shy when a guy talks to me.
Reply 3
Original post by Muhra
I dont have any self esteem issues. i can stand in front of hundreds of people and speak. i only get shy when a guy talks to me.

Just talk more slower. Then you have more time to compose yourself. Dont listen to the idiot above saying u have self esteem issues.
Reply 4

As for the voice it's down to your lack of confidence, don't feel sorry for yourself, don't be hard on yourself. You can exercise, learn a skill, achieve, do something that makes you proud.

"Look outside" "exercise" "be happy" lmao great advise retard.
Original post by Ohm0009
"Look outside" "exercise" "be happy" lmao great advise retard.

I'm trying to give advice and I'm in bed exhausted, I could easily come back tomorrow and give even better advice, which I will.

As the below user stated, they are just normal people.
(edited 5 years ago)
Literally same. Just try I guess, they’re normal ppl
Reply 7
I'm trying to give advice and I'm in bed exhausted, I could easily come back tomorrow and give even better advice, which I will.

Call me a retard when you actually get chosen by other members of this forum to become a community assistant.

I appreciate you advice, thanks :smile: good night.
This is all about stretching your comfort zones. At the moment speaking to boys is outside your comfort zone. The more yuo do it the more comfortable you will become.

Eventually, you should come to the realisation that boys are more similar to girls than dissimilar. That men and women are just 2 different flavours of the same thing: human beings. And that there is therefore no big deal to whether you are talking to a man or a woman.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending